The ASDG Super Cub is based on the Piper PA-18 and the various experimental versions of this ubiquitous aircraft design. Introduced initially in 1949 by Piper Aircraft, it was developed from the Piper PA-11, and traces its lineage back through the J-3 to the Taylor E-2 Cub of the 1930s. In close to 40 years of production, over 9,000 were built.
Since then various kit plane, experimental and certified manufacturers have sold direct copies or slight modifications to the original design. ASDG’s Super Cub has been developed to try and represent both the original and the modern experimental versions of the aircraft!
Super Cubs are commonly found in roles such as bush flying, banner, glider towing and for just general fun!
- Current version supporting X-Plane 11
- 3 Individual Flight Models! 150HP Titan™ X320 powered Super Cub, with a separate flight model for Tundra Tires and standard tires. 180HP Titan™ X340 Powered Super Cub + constant speed prop with Tundra wheels only.
- Engine performance data provided by Titan™ Engines by Continental
- Full 3D Landing gear animations
- Flight Dynamics and ground handling designed to allow pilots to land off airfield!
- Compare the flight differences between a constant speed propeller and a fixed pitch!
- 4K Textures, full PBR and individual reflections inside the cockpit
- 2 Included selectable cockpits for the 150HP Model. These include a IFR rated panel and a standard bare bones VFR panel
- High Definition CSL’s for online flying
- More updates and additions to come in the future as X-Plane expands
Simcoders Pack Included
- SimCoders Reality Expansion Package comes with the aircraft! (a $20 value)
- Add dozen of tech features / options to the aircraft
- Just install and you are ready to fly!