NEO = New Engine Option What does this mean?
Airbus is about to pave the way for additional decades of service for some slightly aged aircraft types, which means most of their 2-engine models, the A319, A320, A321 and A330. The term "NEO engine" does not specify a certain engine manufacturer or engine type, but stands for a new class of engines, providing significantly better fuel efficiency, going hand in hand by noise reduction of at least 50%. Actually we are talking of 20% less fuel burn per seat, while Boeing's answer, the B737 MAX8, just saves 8%. In comparision to the actual models, the A320 carries 9 seats more, the A321 unbelievable 20 seats more!
Detailed 3D cockpitSystems and procedures
The new engines will burn 16% less fuel. Overall this means an additional range of 510 nmi (950 km), or 2 t (4,400 lb) of extra payload.
The first Airbus A320neo rolled out of the Toulouse factory on 1 July 2014.
Contrary to most recent airliner developments with years of delay (including competitors Bombardier CSeries, Comac C919, Irkut MS-21, or postponed development of Boeing Y1/737 MAX), its first flight was advanced to September 2014.
95% commonality with the A320 helped to reduce delays associated with large changes. Lufthansa took delivery of the first A320neo on January 20, 2016 anf flew for the first time on January 25th 2016
- Detailed systems and procedures managed by plugins.
- As close as possible to the real aircraft systems
- Complete cold and dark procedure
Airbus A320 Neo Liveries
- House Color, Lufthansa and Qatar
Fly by Wire and Auto Thrust
- The Flight Crew Operating Manual comes with 196 pages of illustrated descriptions of systems and procedures.
- The FBW system precisely simulates the normal mode, including all protections
- The Airbus autoflight system, including FCU, FMA and A/THR, is authentically simulated
Custom Sound System
- This model simulates FMGC, FAC, and two large scale MCDUs, to be displayed in a pop-up panel. The MCDU the flight plan aspects a lot more detailed and sophisticated, than XP does
- Realistic sound effects recorded on a real aircraft
- newly created after recordings of the real P&W PurePower engine sound.