Frankfurt-Hahn is located on the plateau of the Hunsrueck. The cities of Mainz, Koblenz and Trier are all close by. Frankfurt am Main is approx. 100 km to the east. 3.5 million passengers have passed through Frankfurt Hahn in the year 2010 with flight movements reaching a number of 37.000.
Frankfurt Hahn was built during the allied occupation by then US. At first it was planned to build the airport near the town of Hahn but planning later took the airport to the village of Lautzenhausen. Americans though had difficulty in pronouncing the name “Lautzenhausen” so they stuck with Hahn.
In the first years of its civilian use it was called “Rhine-Mosel Airport” but then its name was changed under marketing aspects to Frankfurt-Hahn although Frankfurt is more than 140km away.
The airport has been reconstructed to the smallest of details including all buildings and airport institutions. Additional details and various scenery effects create an absolute live feeling.
More pictures here
- Detailed reconstruction of the airport including all airport institutions and the inoperative military area
- Photo real textures on buildings, vehicles, etc
- Seasonal ground textures (0.5m per pixel)
- Apron with realistically rendered textures
- Day- and night textures in high resolution
- Manual (German, English)