The deHavilland Canada DHC-2 Beaver is a high wing, single-engine STOL aircraft, powered by a Pratt & Whitney Wasp Junior engine, providing 450 HP. It was introduced in 1948 and is known as THE ultimate bush plane.
The SoulMade Simulations aircraft comes with options to configure for regular, bush and water operations, using the normal wheel, bush wheel, amphibious and floats version. In addition the cabin can be setup for three different configurations. Passenger, passenger/cargo mix and cargo cabin.
If you love bush flying in a vintage, rugged and reliable aircraft, look no further.
The SoulMade Simulations DHC-2 Beaver is the best aircraft in its category.
Two versions of the DHC-2 Beaver
- Wheel and Float version (new in v1.2)
- Very realistic flight model.
- Flight tested by real former DHC-2 Beaver pilots.
- Realistic sound environment provided by DreamEngine, Sonic Solutions and SoulMade Simulations.
- Awesome and extremely accurate modeling of the DHC-2 Beaver cockpit, interior and exterior.
- Fully animated and realistic 3D cockpit. Every switch and control can be operated.
- Realistic cockpit instrument and cabin lighting for dusk/dawn and night flying activities.
- Detailed animations for the interior and exterior model.
- Many different pre-set views for the cockpit, cabin and exterior can be selected via a 2D pop-up menu.
- Options menu to easily change wheel configurations, cabin configurations, pre-flight parts and other things without re-loading the aircraft.
- 2D pop-up window for the STEC-50 autopilot to allow an easy operation when there is no time to look down in the cockpit.
SASL plug-in enhanced flight model and systems, where many systems have been coded to replicate the behavior of the real DHC-2 Beaver, like:
- Flight Model
- Engine and Engine Systems
- Electrical System
- Fuel and Oil System
- Carburetor Heating
- STEC-50 Autopilot
- SoulMade Simulations floatplane docking feature (first in X-Plane) to realistically tie down your aircraft and move it around on water naturally.
- STEC-50 Autopilot coded from scratch to re-plicate real behavior and functionality
- Plug-in enhanced ground model to improve ground handling in cross-wind conditions
- Realistic failures in case the engine is overly abused during operation.
- 9 HD (4096x4096) liveries puls 1 HD neutral livery
- Pilot Notes / Reference Document
- Normal and Emergency Procedures
- Limits, Operations and Performance Data
- STEC-50 Operations Manual