The Diamond DA40 is a super popular,
single engine Austrian plane constructed from composite materials.
This Diamond DA40-180 Diamond Star was originally commissioned by
Precision Flight Controls, Inc, and was developed using the airplane’s Type
Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS), the DA40 Flight Manual (POH), and has gone
through extensive development and flight testing by DA40-qualified pilots.
The panel and 3d cockpit were set up to represent the real aircraft as
accurately as possible. The flight characteristics are very realistic.
- Updated for X-Plane 11
- Two models: The
original one with analog (“steam”) gauges and a new G1000 glass panel
- STMA’s unique AutoUpdate (AU) which automatically
downloads any changes to the aircraft when it’s loaded into X-Plane.
- Transparent windows, realistic instrument panel
with accurately positioned gauges.
- Detailed, fully animated 3D cockpit& instrument
- Animated canopy and window/door.
- Airframe,flight model, speeds, performance and super
- Realistic landing gear struts and structures.
- Another superior paint job by master painter Peter
Fisher, another superb fully animated pilot figure by Bob Feaver.
- Operational tips, the actual pilot checklist in Word
format, and an extract copy of the airplane'sPOH is in the documents
Checklister checklist. We proudly support Snailpup’s Checklister