Just Flight, in partnership with Thranda Design, are proud to present the C152 for X-Plane 11.
Following on from their critically acclaimed Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV for X-Plane 11, this highly detailed simulation of the C152 is being developed by Just Flight's in-house team following comprehensive, hands-on research with a real-life C152, G-BGAE, based at Conington Airfield.
The C152 is a two-seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a fixed tricycle landing gear, 110hp four-cylinder engine and fixed-pitch propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and flight training.
The C152 is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. In addition to our UK research aircraft, G-BGAE, the package features liveries from the UK, USA, Canada, France, Australia and Germany.
The C152 for X-Plane 11 features PBR materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism, HD textures for the highest possible texture clarity and immersion, stunning audio effects, HDR lighting and numerous animations including doors, windows, air vents and even a realistically animated ignition keychain that responds to G-forces! The aircraft also features full VR support with manipulators and camera snap points, a custom weight and balance manager, and engine management.
- Accurately modeled C152, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations, including windows, doors, air vents, sun visors, map compartment and realistically animated ignition keychain that responds to G-forces
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- Authentic labelling and placards based on those found in the real aircraft, including unique airworthiness documentation for each livery based on the country of origin
- HD textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity and immersion
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- HDR lighting (real-time illumination of interior and exterior surfaces)
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
- New: End-user configurability (via Manifest.json file)
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modeled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Full VR support (VR manipulators, camera snap points, tweaked for comfortable usage)
- Interactive checklists for every stage of flight
- Aircraft configuration system that will allow you to choose between 'cold & dark' or 'ready for take-off' (if aircraft is stationary on the ground)
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- KMA 20 audio selector unit
- KX 175B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
- RT-359A transponder unit
- ADF 300 unit with ADF/REC/BFO modes
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- Flight computer panel with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- GoodWay compatible
- Ability to change barometric units from InHG to MB in altimeter adjustment
- Option to activate flashlight from within pop-up window, to aid in those pitch-black cold and dark starts at night
- Option to remove window and instrument reflection effects
- Animated toe brakes
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic, for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronization
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Realistic landing gear with slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), and wheel chocks and tie-downs
- Functioning carburettor heat and primer controls
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapour lock condition
- Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of radio light rheostat
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism
The C152 is supplied in the following eight paint schemes:
- G-BGAE (UK), G-BONW (UK), N5310H (USA), N95469 (USA), D-EBPC (Germany), F-GJCI (France), C-GQOP (Canada), VH-IVZ (Australia)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from C152 pilots
- Stunning audio effects - atmospheric distance, multi-layered engine, individual click spots, aerodynamic effects and electrical system sounds, made possible by X-Plane's state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, warnings and more, featuring accurate location placement of sounds in the stereo spectrum, 3D audio effects, atmospheric effects, adaptive Doppler, exterior sounds spill in when window or door(s) are opened, different sound characteristics depending on viewing angle etc.
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- Dedicated pop-up window for sound mixing, allowing for individual adjustment of the volume of exterior sounds, in-cockpit sounds and various effects
- Custom weight and balance manager window