Innsbruck Airport (LOWI) is the largest international airport in Tyrol, Austria. The airport handles regional flights around the Alps. During the winter, activity increases significantly, due to the high number of skiers travelling to the region.
Innsbruck Airport is well known for having a difficult approach due to surrounding terrain, prohibiting certain aircraft types from operating at the airport. The approach and descent is a very complicated process—the Alps create vicious winds and currents, which the pilot has to deal with throughout the process. Because there are mountains all around, the plane usually circles the airport, enters a pattern, to decrease both speed and altitude.
This is a very detailed rendition of Innsbruck Airport and the surrounding city:
- Custom runway , taxiway and airport lights.
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- High resolution photo scenery near airport and city.
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures.
- Runway reflection effect.
- Animated Marshallers. (AutoGate plugin by Marginal)
- Animated custom ground vehicles. (GroundTraffic plugin by Marginal)
- World Traffic compatible.
- X-Life traffic compatible.
- Optimized for excellent performance.
Optional: Innsbruck City created using OSM
Note: The airport was created using the new WED 1.5 so you will need X-Plane 10.50 to use it. If you have not updated to 10.50 yet, this airport might not work properly.