The Douglas DC-3/C-47 is a fixed-wing propeller-driven airliner. Its great performance - range of approximately 1500 miles and speed of above 200 Miles per Hour, revolutionized air transportation in the 1930's and 1940's. It is a twin-engine all-metal monoplane, capable to operate from short runways at remote places.
It was able to cross the United States, and made transcontinental flights and worldwide flights possible. These characteristics of the DC-3/C-47 are very fascinating, and were one of the triggers to come up with the idea of creating the VSKYLABS DC-3/C-47 Flying Performance/Research Lab project for X-Plane.
Thorough instructions, project evolution and design details are available in the project’s page at the VSKYLABS portal.
New: Two variants included
- DC-3/C-47 Plus XC-47C Amphibious version
- X-Plane 11 Native VR ready. will be updated as needed
- Project under constant development
- Two packages included: X-Plane 11 + X-Plane 10.51
- Highly Realistic Flight Performance DC-3/C-47 Simulation: Highly accurate performance and handling simulation of the DC-3/C-47. Aircraft performance and handling qualities were designed and tested in a "Research level" approach and went through a validation process of more than 200 hours of flight testing and evaluation, made by real world C-47 pilot and aircraft performance expert. This model is stretching X-Plane to its limits in terms of delivering the authentic flying characteristics of the DC-3/C-47
- Windshield rain visualization effect
- Windshield Icing visualization effect
- Airframe 4-step Icing visualization
- Aircraft Damage visualization (exceeding Vne/g limits/flaps overspeed/propeller high velocity seizure)
- Fully equipped with Radio and Navigation aids: along with a full set of traditional/old school navigation and autopilot systems, it is also equipped with a built-in 3D 2xGNS530 (folding terminals)
- Comprehensive FMOD sounds.
- Workhorse for practicing DC-3/C-47 pilot skills: Experience authentic flight performance and handling practices (takeoff, landing, single engine operations, flight planning, long range flights and old school navigation). It is a perfect platform to recreate and fly historic routes using authentic performance simulation
- Unique look and feel: The VSKYLABS DC-3/C-47 is a mixture of a simplified yet very engaging design and “feel” of the DC-3/C-47
- Systems - easy to operate by beginners: All relevant systems are simulated but with the focus on getting the “Flying Lab” airborne without the need to go through a long “ground school”
- easy to operate by beginners: All relevant systems are simulated but
with the focus on getting the “Flying Lab” airborne without the need to
go through a long “ground school”FPS friendly
- Designed to utilize the “out of the box” features of X-Plane
STMA AutoUpdater plugin
- you always have the most updated project version. Fully automatic
- Highly responsive support system/forum.
- The VSKYLABS DC-3/C-47 Flying Lab is a project under constant development. All updates are free.