Warsaw City XP is a sophisticated scenery package, featuring a highly detailed scenery of Warsaw city in Poland with surrounding airports. This product is compatible with X-Plane 10.
Warsaw is the capital and the largest city of Poland. It is located on the Vistula (Wisla) River, roughly 260 kilometers (160 mi) from the Baltic Sea and 300 kilometers (190 mi) from the Carpathian Mountains. Its population is estimated at 1,708,491 residents within a greater metropolitan area of 2,666,278 residents, making Warsaw the 9th most populous city proper in the European Union. The area of the city covers 516.9 square kilometers (199.6 sq mi), while the city's agglomeration covers 6,100.43 square kilometers (2,355.39 sq mi). Warsaw is a major international tourist destination and an important economic hub in Central Europe. It is also known as the "phoenix city" because it has survived many wars throughout its history. Most notably, the city had to be painstakingly rebuilt after the extensive damage it suffered from World War II, during which 85% of its buildings were destroyed.
Warsaw City XP, gives you a possibility to fly over an extremely large area of Warsaw city. We have included a high quality photoreal ground textures of about 5000 square kilometers. The city center has hundreds of custom buildings modeled, there are all VFR-important landmarks on the whole included area too. We have also created 13 variously detailed airports and heliports for the project:
- Modlin EPMO - a base for low-cost carriers, with 2500m concrete runway and a modern terminal
- Babice EPBC - the largest GA airport in Poland with a massive traffic and a 1300m concrete runway, located close to the center of the city
- Chrcynno/Nasielsk EPNC - one of the oldest airports around Warsaw, currently being used by ultralights, paragliders and skydivers
- Sobienie EPSJ - a modern, private airstrip constructed as a part of a luxury housing estate and a golf course
- Góraszka EPGO - constructed in 1994; International Air Picnics were organized at that airport for many years. Unfortunately this airport will be replaced by a shopping mall soon.
- Konstancin-Jeziorna - a private airport owned by an aircraft dealing company
- Konstancin Heliport - a private, nicely located modern heliport with a hangar for two Robinsons
- Reczaje (lite) - a small private grass runway with one tiny hangar
- Kroczewo (lite) - a former military airport - for the last few years the small grass runway is used by private ultralights and paragliders
- Trebki Nowe (lite) - a small grass runway next to a farm, used by paragliders; very close to Kroczewo airport
- Wincentów 1 (lite) - an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliders and ultralight trikes
- Wincentów 2 (lite) - an unregistered private airport, used mainly by paragliders and ultralight trikes, very close to Wincentów 1
- Zabia Wola (lite) - 440m grass runway surrounded by trees, difficult final approach with a lot of turbulence.
- 13 airports - from a tiny heliport to an international airport
- 5000sq km photorealistic area of Warsaw city , perfect for IFR/VFR training
- Hundrieds of photorealistic buildings from the city centre, including famous landmarks, bridges, stadiums etc.
- OSM and custom-made autogen for the whole area
- HDR X-Plane native lighting
- Roads with car traffic and railroads with train traffic
- EPWA Chopin Airport is not included