Flights to and from Airport Berlin-Brandenburg are now possible as Germany’s most famous hub opens its gates. Don’t believe that? You can – with the brand-new add-on "Airport Berlin-Brandenburg" we bring what is probably Europe’s largest airport construction site to X-Plane 11.
From the very beginning Berlin-Brandenburg Airport was not a very lucky project. Construction work began in September 2006 and the opening to the public was scheduled for October 2011. The construction progress continues to fall more and more behind the initial schedule and costs have been skyrocketing ever since. The airport has suffered from continued delays; it is far from completion and as of now an opening date is still not in sight.
The add-on Airport Berlin-Brandenburg covers the existing Airport Berlin Schönefeld as well as the adjacent new international airport. Two configurations make it easy to switch between the current status and one where the new airport is already open.
- Highly detailed rendition of Berlin Brandenburg International Airport "Willy Brandt" (BER)
- Includes the older Schönefeld (SXF) airport (north of BER) with the same level of detail
- Includes two configs to switch between SXF and BER operation
- Custom animated approach lights (SAM Plugin required)
- All jetways animated (SAM Plugin required)
- Numerous dynamic objects like apron vehicles
- High resolution day and night textures
- Extensive coverage of over 100 km² with high resolution aerial imagery (0.2-0.4 m/px)
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Ground Layout: End of 2018
- Compatible with default AI-Traffic and World Traffic 3