Thank you for purchasing AirCar Project!
My AirCar Project is based on Stefan Klein’s Aircar concept which is already proven to be able to fly as well as ready for road traffic. More info on the original project can be found at Klein Vision website: https://www.klein-vision.com/
AirCar project was developed to follow the real vehicle’s predicted handling and performance characteristics. It is a robust simulation model which is making use of X-Plane 12 sophisticated flight dynamics and physics simulation, extracting it to its limits. As a result, AirCar is not only flyable but fully functional as a ground vehicle! However, the simulation model is being constructed within the X-Plane’s flight dynamics limitations. Because of the lack of detailed information on the real vehicle, system algorithms may also differ, but I tried to make it as realistic as it can be, based on my personal flight experiences as a PPL pilot.
Please take your time and read User’s Manual carefully first to get familiar with all details!
- The project is built to use X-Plane 12's new outstanding features
- Realistic car physics and drivetrain simulation
- Detailed animation and simulation of airframe folding system
- Accurate flight model tuned for XP12 latest features with all the good/bad properties of this particular airframe
- Stunning custom avionics with functional reverse-camera and native AviTab integration/support
- Realistic BRS system for safe emergency landings
- User configurable altimeter pressure unit and radio spacing
- Detailed simulation of all road traffic lights like daytime running lights, turn signals, emergency signals, etc.
- Detailed simulation of all aviation lights
- Detailed FMOD sound system with headset feature
- Detailed flight manual included
- Full PBR textures
- Full VR compatible
Important note for MAC OS X users: please read this article about enabling Rosetta: https://www.x-plane.com/kb/using-x-plane-11-addons-with-x-plane-12-on-mac-systems/