Emirates Airlines was the second carrier to receive the A380. Though being a traditional Rolls Royce customer, Emirates ordered 59 units of the A380-861, powered by EA GP7200 engines, which was a severe shock for RR. And in fact, this seems to be a good choice.
The GP7200 engine was initially designated to power the B747X, which had been suspended. So it has been modified to meet the demands of the A380, resulting in more thrust and better economics. The high-pressure system is designed by GE, the low-pressure system by P&W. MTU Aero Engines, Germany, Snecma, France, and Techspace Aero, Belgium, are development partners. While EA, for marketing reasons, presents it'self as a U.S. company, owned 50/ 50% by GE and P&W, and call the GP7200 a U.S. product. In fact MTU Aero Engines owns 22.5% of EA, they build the high-pressure turbines for GE, they build the low-pressure for P&W, and they incorporate a lot of own components, some of them made of self-developed, patented material. So the GP7200 seems to be widely "Made in Germany". However, the final result is the most sophisticated and efficient 2-rotor turbofan ever built, able to compete with the 3-rotor RR Trent 900 in any aspect.
This model of the A380 comes with a highly detailed and animated exterior 3-D model.
All A380 Models come with 2D and 3D Cockpit installed!
- The rear pairs of the body landing gear steer at low speed.
- Detailed Engines with rotating fans and reverser
- Detailed wings
- Airbus like thrust levers, which trigger the thrust modes and their indicators by detends. For this reason the do not move while A/THR is active.
- The panel can be used in any thinkable resolution. from 1024 x 768 up to 4.096 pixel width.
- instruments a new designs using generic objects, in order to achieve a better readability and functionality. In particular the PFD is a lot better than in previous Airbus models.
PS: If you decide to purchase the A380 Collection package you will get 12 versions of the A380 instead of 1:
- Airbus A380-861 House Color - First test aircraft - Bonus Plane
- Airbus A380-841 House Color (demonstration aircraft) - Bonus Plane
- Airbus A380-861 Air France (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 British Airways (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-961 Emirates (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-961 Korean Air (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-861 Lufthansa (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-842 Qantas (Rolls Royce Trent 972B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Singapore Airlines (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 China Southern (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Malaysia Airlines (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Thai Airways (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)