The A380-842 operated by Qantas is equipped with 4 Rolls Royce Trent 972B-84 engines, providing 80.214 lbs rated take off thrust each. The total of 320.856 lbs tops the 6 engines of the Antonow 225 by more than 10.000 lbs, which, according to my research, makes this Airbus the most powerful aircraft ever built. The increased TO thrust, in comparison to the A380-841, allows a higher TO weight at very hot ambient temperatures, which are nothing unusual at some down under airports.
This model of the A380 comes with a highly detailed and animated exterior 3-D model.
All A380 Models come with 2D and 3D Cockpit installed!
- The rear pairs of the body landing gear steer at low speed.
- Detailed Engines with rotating fans and reverser
- Detailed wings
- Airbus like thrust levers, which trigger the thrust modes and their indicators by detends. For this reason the do not move while A/THR is active.
- The panel can be used in any thinkable resolution. from 1024 x 768 up to 4.096 pixel width.
- instruments a new designs using generic objects, in order to achieve a better readability and functionality. In particular the PFD is a lot better than in previous Airbus models.
PS: If you decide to purchase the A380 Collection package you will get 12 versions of the A380 instead of 1:
- Airbus A380-861 House Color - First test aircraft - Bonus Plane
- Airbus A380-841 House Color (demonstration aircraft) - Bonus Plane
- Airbus A380-861 Air France (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 British Airways (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-961 Emirates (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-961 Korean Air (Alliance GP7200 engines)
- Airbus A380-861 Lufthansa (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-842 Qantas (Rolls Royce Trent 972B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Singapore Airlines (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 China Southern (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Malaysia Airlines (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)
- Airbus A380-841 Thai Airways (Rolls Royce Trent 970B-84 engines)