Værøy is a small community located on the southern tip of the Lofoten archipelago. Known for its unpredictable weather, long summer days and nights lit by the dancing auroras during the winter season.
Airport Værøy is a very accurate recreation of the island, including both Værøy Airport (ENVY) and the newer Værøy Heliport (ENVR) located on the southern tip of the island (Norway).
The whole island is modeled in high detail to recreate the scenic terrain that this part of Norway is known for. The airport itself is nestled at the bottom of a 450 meter cliff on the northern side of the island, an area known for rapidly changing winds and downdrafts. The scenery also includes a custom Aurora Borealis effect creating a majestic atmosphere, especially during the dark winter months.
- Realistic recreation of Værøy Airport (ENVY) and Værøy Heliport (ENVR)
- Fully compatible with XPlane 11
- Accurate terrain model with sloped runway
- Highly accurate 3D elevation model of the island
- Photo-realistic textures covering the whole island
- All airport buildings included in high detail
- Custom city and harbor models
- Highly detailed ground taxiway and runway textures
- Custom windsock and flag animations
- Custom runway and approach lights
- Custom PLASI lights
- Realistic night time effects
- Terminal interior models for both the airport and heliport included
- Seasonal variations included (requires seasonal plugin)
- Custom Aurora Borealis effect