The Boeing B-29 Superfortress was a giant leap forward in bomber technology and production by the U.S. during WWII. The first flight took place in Seattle, WA in 1941.
The B-29 featured a number of firsts including a fully pressurized cabin, electronic firecontrol system, and a 20,000 lbs bomb load. Used primarily in the Pacific theater B-29s using incendiaries burned Japan's factories to the ground.
Because of the B-29s size, speed and range, it was chosen to carry the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan in 1945.
- The cockpit is modeled in ultra-realistic detail and features full night lighting textures & effects.
- Custom made retro-fitted avionics stack featuring the new integrated GNS 430.
- High quality 3D cockpit with many custom gauges
- Nine beautifully detailed liveries with high res 4K textures
- Realistic flight model, aircraft handling and performance.
- High quality 3D model complete with realistic spec, shine, and custom bump mapping to bring every rivet and surface to life.
- Many custom features have been simulated using the SASL plugin, giving much greater functionality than is available through X-Plane alone.
- Custom logic throughout numerous systems
- Accurately animated switches and manipulator knobs
- Custom throttle, mixture and control lock systems.
- Great night lighting HDR effects with dial illumination and red cockpit spill lighting.
- 3D animated props what change depending on viewing angle.
- Pilots yoke can be hidden for easier visibility of panel.
- Functional autopilot panel.
- Realistic flame effects from exhausts when engines are on fire.
- Custom made modified pilots checklist making single pilot operation easier, when starting from cold and dark requires you to follow procedures.
- Functional bombers station with working bomb doors and a full bomb load.
- Bombing table included giving run-in distances at various altitudes for dropping bombs.
- 10 pre-set quick views giving quick access to pilots, co-pilots and engineers positions amongst others.
- Animated working gun turrets.
- Animated cowl and intercooler flaps, flaps, landing lights and control surfaces.
- Custom fire extinguisher and fuel gauge logic
- The B-29 comes with the excellent DreamEngine sound plugin giving real life sounds and 3D positioning, greatly enhancing your experience.
Model by Virtavia and Dawson Design