For the 50th Anniversary of the Boeing 747, SSG is proud to announce the release of its long awaited follow-on to the SSG 747-8 Series.
This is no mere update, in many ways it is a whole new aircraft, starting with the base model in Plane Maker working up to the 3D external model, 3D cockpit and systems/displays. It includes a new menu system using a tablet and a new sound set from Turbine Sound Studios (TSS). SSG is releasing the Intercontinental passenger version first and the Freighter will come later as a free upgrade for those who purchase the new version upon release.
The entire external 3D model for v2 has been redone, including the following:
- All new fuselage closely modeled on the real one with added details
- Each door can be opened individually and is more detailed
- dded animations and details (almost all parts that can open/move on the aircraft are modeled).
- New external details such as a satellite antenna and tail camera
- New cut passenger windows instead of textures
- New vertical and horizontal stabilizers with added details
- New nacelles and engines with more details and new animations
- Reworked and more detailed landing gear/gear doors with additional animation
- Improved and more detailed leading and trailing edge flaps and added flap mechanisms
- Upper deck interior with seats/galleys and stairs to lower deck
- New wing flex and nacelle animations
The textures for the entire aircraft have been redone to match the new model, along with decals for certain detailed areas, right down to most of the external placards, working closely with our technical advisors to ensure all the main details are present and that we have gotten them right.
- The entire cockpit 3D model has been largely redone and completely retextured.
- New overhead panel and buttons/switches
- New forward panel and buttons/switches
- New pedestal and buttons/switches/handles
- New miscellaneous panel and buttons/switches
- Side panels and window frames completely redone
- New cockpit seats
- Various added details
- Almost all switches function properly and independently
- IRS alignment process implemented
- More realistic fuel system with different pumps and tanks along with FUEL TANK / ENG logic
- Realistic AUTOSTART and RUNNING indicators on secondary engine displays
- Improved and more realistic air conditioning system and logic
- Better track representation on ND
- Clock and chronometer on ND working like on the real aircraft
- More realistic baro pressure logic (STD, preselected, transition altitude)
- Captain and First Officer FMCs are now independent
- FMC FIX page added
- FMC Route 2 function added
- FMC Diversion function added
- Librain rain effects (currently not working on Macs)