This upgrade for the stock King Air is all about better flying – better and more realistic handling, and hitting accurate book numbers in all aspects.
- No plugins to ‘force’ the flight model.
- No hidden parts,.
- No cheating the sim.
Just absolute accuracy and careful tuning to get the full potential out of an X-Plane aircraft!
Important: This an upgrade of the stock C90B King Air that comes with X-plane 11. No other purchase is necessary to use it.
C90B King Air with flight dynamics and specifications enhanced for maximum realism.
Aircraft performance improved to match book values with average accuracy across all test points of over 99%!
This upgrade utilizes the current and now very stable Experimental Flight Model option for maximum accuracy (X-plane 11.4x-11.5x).
No new graphics, systems, or sounds are included. This package is a set of new flight dynamics that connects to the stock C90B King Air that comes with X-plane.
The stock C90B King Air is remains available to you after EFM installation if you wish to use it. The EFM package adds a new aircraft to X-plane.
- Utilizes the existing King Air C90 graphics and sounds included with X-plane 11 by Laminar Research.
- Cruise speeds accurate across all altitudes and power settings.
- Accurate stall speeds, flap up or down.
- Correct rates of climb.
- Correct glide ratio.
- Accurate single-engine performance.
- Accurate take-off and landing distances.
- Accurate ‘feel’ and handling.
- Accurate fuel consumption at all altitudes and power settings (respect the torque redline!).
Some issues in the stock model corrected in the EFM:
- Engines not ‘de-rated’ to produce full-torque to over 10,000ft.
- Aircraft unable to achieve fast-cruise at high altitude due to insufficient engine torque.
- Take-off distance too long.
- Landing distance too short.
- Climb rate on a single engine 30% too low.
- Stall speed with flaps extended 12kts too high.
- Too-high L/D (aerodynamic efficiency) resulting in excessive glide performance.
- Aircraft too fast for given power settings (probably related to the previous point).
(Please note that this is NOT intended as a criticism of the stock Laminar model, it was likely more accurate when first created, but X-plane flight dynamics have evolved and improved considerably since then, including means of adding greater depth and realism).
The complete C90B King Air EFM manual is available here: