The DHC-2 Beaver is one of the most popular aircraft in aviation history. First produced in 1948 it is still flown today in rugged parts of the world where the DHC-2's bush flying capabilities can shine.
This is the new X-Plane 12 Model.
This exceptional model by Thranda is part of the "Dynamic Generation Series". More about the DGS Series.
Feature-rich elegant fly-out menu with the following features:
- 8k Textures throughout, completely revamped for maximum visual fidelity.
- Regular Tires, Tundra Tires, Skis, Floats and Amphibious floats
- Skim over water with tundra tires (Plugin controlled)
- New: Option to transport canoe in amphibian/float version
- FULLY configurable 3D instrument panel.
- Over 50 instruments to choose from! (Including Aspen EFD 1000, and support for RealityXP GTN750)
- Move any instrument to any location on the panel, or even between pilot and copilot's panel!
- Comes with 6 panel presets, but can easily be expanded by moving instruments around, using a simple and intuitive interface.
- Save your own presets, and even share them with the community!
- Instruments can be moved in 3D directly, on a 2D pop-up preview window, or by numerical entry for precise placement.
- Intricate, realistic fuel tank system, featuring tip tanks and removable belly tank. Overflow logic when transferring too much fuel from other tanks to primary tanks.
- GNS430 and 530 can be swapped out, but a restart of the plane is required, as 430s and 530s are mutually exclusive in terms of compatibility in X-Plane
- Dynamic livery editor (like in the Kodiak and the Pilatus PC-6)
- Full PBR control! Create stunning metallic liveries, or matte, sand-blasted look in mere seconds!
- Additional control over dirt/grime, scratches/nicks, adjustable in real-time to dial in the exact desired amount of wear and tear. Affects airspeed. Clean plane will fly 2-3 MPH faster.
- Create "virtual" liveries, based on one common design layout, and assign any colour to any available paint segment.
- Quickly create preview of livery in real-time, using intuitive controls. Previews now include visualization of metallic materials and dirt overlays.
- Apply selected livery in real-time, right in the sim, without the need to even touch a 3rd party image editor!
- Option to include/hide manufacturer logo on tail, and control its colour.
- Option to change the tail number in real-time, or disable it altogether. (Enter a "space" instead of a callsign number to create a blank tail number.)
- Easily and quickly create dozens of paint schemes in-sim!
- Also supports 10 traditionally painted liveries, all visible in a convenient pre-selection preview window.
- Uses SkunkCrafts Updater. Option to participate in Beta program, via checkbox in SkunkCrafts Updater.
- Excellent hi-res PBR realistic materials, featuring true-to-life plate deformation and to-the-rivet precision, all greatly enhanced now with the 8k texture sets!
Flight dynamics and systems:
- Realism settings for engine and tail wheel (simplified vs. realistic modes)
- Radial engine visualization in pop-up window, which showcases the inner workings of the engine.
- Real-time primer and pre-heat logic, with visualization indicating correct priming range
- Innovative electric tug, with in-panel controls to move forward/backward at the desired speed, and steer proportionally
- Control over chocks, individual tie-downs, covers, internal lights, external lights, etc.
- Option to enable/disable Belly Tank, with realistically simulated weight, momentum, rotational inertia, and drag characteristics.
- Option to start up running (all systems ready), or cold-and-dark, for realistic startup procedures.
- Option to run engine in a simplified manner (no pre-heat, no priming, easier starts)
- Control landing lights, strobes, beacon, and nav lights via pop-up window
- Detailed weight and balance manager with visual chart, individual passenger seat weight control, Lbs/KG unit toggle, CG control, external tank control, and the option to save and load configuration.
- Multiple camera snap points, above and beyond what's available by default in X-Plane, so you can perform your walk around checks.
- Adjust your camera's Field of View without having to go to an X-plane menu, allowing for real-time adjustments.
- Audio mixer: individually control audio channels in real-time, so you can adjust volumes while hearing them play.
- Slew control: move your plane around the world, temporarily bypassing flight physics. Includes ground mode and air mode.
- Dynamic panel control page, with a separate view for the entire panel layout preview, or a per-instrument view, allowing for fine-tuning of instrument position, as well as copy-paste function to quickly replace instruments.
- The "Misc" page in the fly-out window contains options to customize the plane, such as:
- tundra tires
- mud flaps
- bubble windows
- throttle quadrant model (choose between classic and new design)
- Canoe transport in the case of float/amphibian planes
Advanced FMOD-based sound system
- The Beaver has unique flight dynamics, characterized by being a "flap-happy" plane. This is faithfully reproduced in the sim version. (Can require slight flap extension during cruise, depending on conditions).
- The Beaver is the quintessential Canadian classic STOL workhorse, whose flight characteristics and excellent STOL capabilities are calibrated to maximum precision in the sim.
- Details, such as the wobble pump, the ratcheting carb heat lever, the manually pumped flap system (with direction valve), and the primer system are faithfully modelled for maximum immersion.
- Tie-downs and chocks actually keep the plane from moving, even in high winds.
- Pioneer in procedural engine sounds. (No two starts sound alike: coughing, sputtering, and clanking valves all contribute to a nuanced, rich, immersive sound experience.)
- High fidelity, multi-track sounds with smooth transitions and amazing atmospheric effects.
- Individual volume control over different aspects of the sound experience, adjustable in real-time (while listening to the sounds)
- Different sounds for front of plane than for back of plane
- Panning around the plane in exterior view yields awesome 3D audio effects, including "blade slapping" sound when view is perpendicular to prop
- Individual buttons and switches in the cockpit each have their own unique sound.
- Sounds actually give you clues as to what's happening under the hood
- Outside wind intensity is affected by slip and AoA. (The more the surface area of the fuselage is hit by oncoming wind, the louder the sounds