The Diamond DA40 is a super popular, single engine Austrian plane constructed from composite materials.
This Diamond DA40-180 Diamond Star was originally commissioned by Precision Flight Controls, Inc, and was developed using the airplane’s Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS), the DA40 Flight Manual (POH), and has gone through extensive development and flight testing by DA40-qualified pilots.
The panel and 3d cockpit were set up to represent the real aircraft as accurately as possible. The flight characteristics are very realistic.
- Updated for X-Plane 11
- Now includes mouse wheel scrolling to all rotary knobs and rheostats
- Two models: The original one with analog (“steam”) gauges, now fully 3D for use in XP11, and a new G1000 glass panel model.
- Physically Based Rendering (PBR) added to exterior structure which accurately reflects light and shadows.
- STMA’s unique AutoUpdate (AU) which automatically downloads any changes to the aircraft when it’s loaded into X-Plane.
- Transparent windows, realistic instrument panel with accurately positioned gauges
- Detailed, fully animated 3D cockpit& instrument panel!
- Animated canopy and window/door
- Airframe,flight model, speeds, performance and super realistic handling
- Realistic landing gear struts and structures
- A superior paint job by master painter Peter Fisher and a superb fully animated pilot figure by Bob Feaver
- Operational tips, the actual pilot checklist in Word format, and an extract copy of the airplane's POH is in the documents folder