Discover the center of the Ruhr region in X-Plane – the scenery Dortmund XP is a complete recreation of the city of Dortmund in the flight simulator.
Besides the entire urban area of Dortmund, the Airport Dortmund (EDLW) as well as the airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke (EO08) and its surroundings were created and included in this scenery package. The helipad of the Hospital Centre North completes the scenery. Both the airport and the city were modelled using photo realistic ground textures and offer highly detailed buildings and landmarks in addition to the autogen that was corrected by hand. Excellent lighting and night effects and animated objects top the appearance of the scenery off.
Join commercial aviation from Dortmund Airport or enjoy VFR flight from the nearby airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke. Helicopter pilots can fly rescue missions from the hospital’s helipad.
- both XP12 and XP11 versions included
- Detailed rendition of the airport and its surroundings, incl. landmark objects
- Photo realistic ground textures based on aerial images (50cm/px)
- All airport buildings and facilities
- True-to-original navigation aids (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB, ATIS)
- Excellent night effects
- True-to-original runway and taxiway lighting
- Detailed 3D city model of Dortmund incl. colour-corrected 60cm/px aerial image covering the entire city area
- Authentic rendition of the airfield Hengsen-Opherdicke incl. colour-corrected 30cm/px aerial image
- The aerial images for Hengsen-Opherdicke can be turned off
- Autogen covering the area of the aerial image, corrected by hand
- Animated wind objects: wind turbines and windsocks specific to Hengsen-Opherdicke as well as the helipad the Hospital Centre North
- Ship traffic at the Dortmund-Ems Canal when using the Seatraffic plug-in by Marginal/Jonathan Harris
- Volumetric grass, toggleable
- PBR-based reflecting water surfaces
- Backup library – runs without add-ons