Just Flight, in partnership with Thranda Design, are proud to present the Duchess Model 76 for X-Plane 12.
Following on from their award-winning General Aviation fleet in X-Plane 11, this highly detailed simulation of the Duchess Model 76 has been developed natively for X-Plane 12 by Just Flight, in partnerhsip with Thranda Design following comprehensive, hands-on research with two real-life Duchess aircraft, G-BZRT and G-GCCL.
The Duchess is a four-seater, twin-engine T-tail aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear, and two 180hp four-cylinder engines fitted with constant-speed propellers. Its IFR-capable avionics suite, excellent handling characteristics and counter-rotating propellers make it an ideal aircraft for multi-engine flight training, and the perfect step up from single-engine aircraft such as the PA28. A cruise speed of 155 knots, a range of 780 nautical miles and a service ceiling of 20,000ft also make it a very capable touring aircraft.
The Duchess is flown all around the world and our add-on reflects that global popularity. In addition to our UK research aircraft, G-BZRT and G-GCCL, the product features other liveries from countries around the world.
The Duchess Model 76 for X-Plane 12 features 8K interior and exterior textures for the highest possible texture clarity; PBR materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism; a brand-new tablet EFB featuring a plethora of features such as aircraft configuration states, interactive checklists, and customisation options; and numerous animations including a multi-animation passenger door that, when open, responds to G-forces and air resistance.
- Accurately modelled Duchess Model 76, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including multi-animation passenger doors that, when open, respond to G-forces and air resistance, baggage door, cockpit window and sun visors
- Ground equipment including chocks and tie-downs
- 8K interior and exterior textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft features
- Windshield rain effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads - every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment
- Tablet EFB with a selection of apps full of useful tools and customisation options:
- - Aircraft Options: Open/close the aircraft’s doors, enable/disable glass reflection, enable/disable ground equipment and more!
- - Weight & Balance: Adjust the aircraft’s weight and balance using the built-in configuration app and centre of gravity table.
- - Instrument Options: Choose to have the cockpit avionics visible in the 3D cockpit or have them pop out on 2D panels.
- - Static Liveries: Change aircraft liveries without exiting to the main menu.
- - Dynamic Liveries: Customise the aircraft’s paint scheme without leaving the aircraft. Features Modern and Classic liveries whose colours can be fully customised in the aircraft, without the need for any complicated paint kits.
- - Engine Configuration: View the condition of the engines and enable enhanced simulation options such as spark plug fouling and vapour lock.
- - DynaFeel: Adjust the force required to move each of the control surfaces.
- - Checklists: Interactable checklists for every stage of flight.
- - AviTab support
- - And much more!
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
- - KMA 28 audio selector
- - Fully featured X-Plane-native GNS430 (supports procedures out of the box, and supports Navigraph and Aerosoft custom NAV databases)
- - KX 155 COM/NAV 2 radio
- - KR 87 ADF receiver
- - KT 76A transponder unit
- - WX-8 Stormscope
- - Century IV autopilot
- - HSI and ADF gauges
- - Support for Reality GTN750 (sold separately, Windows only)
- Interactive logbook panel for logging your flight details (X-Plane native)
- GoodWay compatible
- Animated toe brakes
- Radio knob animations routed through plugin logic, for optimum movement fidelity and sound synchronisation
- Detailed pilot and co-pilot figures, with options to swap the figures and make the copilot appear/disappear depending on the weight and balance settings
- Custom-coded fuel system with cross-feed
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers and avionics power circuit. Circuit breaker logic is linked to X-Plane's internal failure logic, so if the plane is set to fail a certain electrical component after a certain number of hours, the circuit breaker for that element will pop out.
- Realistic landing gear with emergency extension, slow/fast tyre rotation animation (blurry when rotating fast), precise shock absorber animation and wheel chocks and tie-downs
- Functioning carburettor, cowl flap and primer controls
- Dedicated interactive engine pop-up window displaying values such as fuel tank weights and imbalance, fuel pressure, oil pressure, oil temperature, battery charge (with quick charge option), and information about spark plug fouling and vapour lock condition
- Simulated vapour lock condition, with warning pop-up and suggested actions
- Simulated spark plug fouling condition, with indication of percentage of fouling
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for gauges (via rheostat)
- Functional electric trim control on yoke
- Simulated fan and vent system with realistic blower sounds (linked to circuit breaker logic and electrical system for realism)
- Custom external light logic with custom strobe light pattern and custom light halos for added realism
The Duchess comes with seven ultra-high-quality 8K paint schemes:
- C-GTYG (Canada)
- F-GIRD (France)
- G-DANL (UK)
- N24GM (USA)
- SE-LTA (Sweden)
- TG-BAE (Guatemala)
- VH-LFE (Australia)
In addition to these liveries, two 8K ‘Dynamic Liveries’ are provided that can be re-coloured inside the simulator, almost in real time!
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics taking full advantage of the XP12 flight physics, based on real-world performance and handling data, and input from Duchess pilots
- DynaFeel flight dynamics tweaks, simulating the “strength” of the pilot to over come aerodynamic forces with the control surfaces
- Authentic sound set, generated using X-Plane's state-of-the-art FMOD sound system
- Custom sounds for switches, doors, warnings and more, featuring accurate location placement of sounds in the stereo spectrum, 3D audio effects, atmospheric effects, adaptive Doppler, exterior sounds spill in when window or door(s) are opened, different sound characteristics depending on viewing angle etc.
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit included so you can create your own paint schemes
- VR compatible