This add-on brings Bavaria's second largest international airport in an incomparably authentic and lively atmosphere to X-Plane.
Over a development period of around 2.5 years, the two designers Volker Wegner and Lars Pinkenburg have rebuilt all the buildings and facilities of the real airport on the basis of more than 1,000 photos taken on site with great attention to detail for the simulator. The airport environment was also modeled with great attention to detail and covers a total area of around 55 km², with numerous characteristic buildings, traffic routes and terrain features, so that the depiction is extremely close to reality even during the approach and departure phases.
A special highlight of the scenery are the innumerable vehicle animations, which contribute significantly to the realistic atmosphere at the airport. A lot of work was also put into the lifelike depiction of the taxiway and apron surfaces.
The scenery addon has been implemented using state-of-the-art X-Plane conversion techniques which, despite the high model and texture complexity, enable a smooth framerate on current simulator PC hardware.
- Highly realistic rendition of Nuremberg Airport based on most recent geodata
- 55 km² satellite imagery coverage with resolution up to 20cm/px including all seasons
- Highly detailed buildings with internal modelling of the terminal and Hangar 2
- PBR ground and marking textures
- Athmospheric HDR night lighting
- Animated Jetways (SAM2 Plugin required)
- Custom seasonal textures (SAM2 Plugin required)
- Snow and rain effects
- Animated FAI gate (SAM2 Plugin required)
- Custom Runway lights automatically switched on in low visibility
- Detailed airport lighting including REILs, Running Rabbits and HDR Lighting
- Custom vehicle animations on the apron
- Animated tower radar (SAM2 Plugin required)
- Static aircraft with proper liveries and registrations
- XPlane conform export of all scenery elements using the latest techniques