Version 1.3.22 (September 23rd 2020)
You can now select and edit the waypoint that you are flying towards.
Direct To (DRCT --> ) now proceeds directly to the waypoint selected from your present position.
Rewrote the distance/time calculation on PERF 2. This should now accommodate *any* flight plan design from airport
to airport (no other waypoints) to any combination of SID, STAR and/or ROUTE in between.
Trim settings now specific to each aircraft
Fixed warning for "no waypoints found situation" when loading a .fms file.
Single waypoint ROUTE's now possible - removed error checking routine that would automatically delete the ROUTE if
there was only one waypoint.
Rewrote the data entry validation for the AUTOPILOT, WAYPOINT EDIT and PERF2 airspeed entry fields. These will now
accept Mach entered either as two digits or decimal. (Any value less than 100 KIAS is treated as Mach.)
Revised the min/max MAC% and added these values to the data entry warning.
Updated maxiumum fuel load data entry for ERJ-135, ERJ-140 and ERJ-145 to agree with ACF stored values.
Fixed Librain integration. (Librain wont work in Vulkan for now, but hopefully soon a new version will come up which will make it compatible with Vulkan rendering.)
Added corrected Librain objects for ERJ-135, ERJ-140 and Legacy 650. Passengers will now see rain on all passenger windows in the ERJ Family!
More efficient SASL3 update and drawing functions. These script sections are no longer active if the specific menu item is not active.
All preferences (configuration, settings) files are now located in the aircraft plugins folder. All can be deleted to restore default values - new files are recreated on aircraft loading if these prefs files are not found - just like X-Plane.
Cleaned up the ERJ Settings "version banner" when there's difficulty determining the current online version.
Cleaned up version checking warnings to something more specific and less scary.
Better prevention of ground equipment appearing when aircraft is moving (does not apply to SASL load / activation failures).
Restored the GNS430 update "readme" graphic in all required locations.
Updated the Legacy 650 column on page 11 of the aircraft manual to reflect correcct specification values.
Updated the deflection time for gear steering. Previously the nose wheel would turn instantly, now it turns with a slight delay. You may need to readjust your joystick settings.
Speedbrake deploy time modified to reflect the real aircraft. (Deploy in around 1 sec, retract in around 4 secs)
FMS and Checklist popout positions persist - either when opened and closed during the same session or to the next time
the aircraft is loaded.
The FMS and Checklists popouts now close cleanly. If the screen width is a multiple of 1920, the mouse will not disappear
when near the left edge of the monitor.
Menu tab hot zone now wider for 4K users.
Created custom commands to bring up Checklistsand Operations
Added hot spot in the empty space just under the MASTER WARNING light and to the right of the GUST LOCK light to be able to toggle the menu tabs in VR.
Added VR version of menu tabs.
Checklists, Operations and FAQ will now pop-up in VR when selected from the menu.
Added a command to toggle the menu tabs in VR: XCrafts/ERJ/toggle_menu_tabs
Cabin announcements reset between flights.
High Speed alert modified.
Version 1.3.20 (July 13th 2020)
Converted all script based plugins from SASL2 to SASL3.
FMS and Checklist now pop out.
Current version checking added. The installed version is shown on the settings menu and a popup is presented when the aircraft loads so that users are aware of available updates.
Altered AviTablet access so that it is always available, even if the AviTab plugin is not installed. This permits access to the radio selection and volume controls.
Restored full height detection zone for side popup tabs to correct an access issue caused by resizing the X-Plane window. The tabs will disappear if the user mouses to the left of the X-Plane window.
VR configuration files tweaked, added “hundreds” functionality to VR autopilot altitude setting knob. Other adjustments for sensitivity. Engine and APU starter knobs not quite right just yet – known issue and in work.
Revised locations of our manuals and demo flight. These are now in the Manuals and Demo Flight folders – to make them a bit easier to find.
Re-introduced tail.txt files for liveries so that the FMS would have the right call sign.
Completely replaced all chronometer logic so that the chronometer now functions exactly like the real thing.
GSPD/TTG/ET indicator on the PFD revised. The lower right section of the PFD now shows Ground Speed, Time To Go, or Elapsed Time.
Updated graphics for standby attitude indicator and standby compass.
FMS / Autoflight
Fixed vertical mode changes from FLC to SPD or VS so that the functions now work correctly when changed.
Fixed FLC mode so that descents are possible once again.
Fixed reselection of the arrival airport and/or procedures so that this functions as intended. This was broken in a recent revision.
Fixed CTD when certain waypoints were used to enter airway selection.
When an X-Plane 11 formatted FMS flight plan file is loaded, if there are airport waypoints at each end, they are automatically removed. This permits use of SimBrief flight plans more easily as long as the X-Plane 11 format is used.
Revised PAYLOAD data entry. Entry of payload weight on PERF1 now reflects the total payload weight added - including passenger weight. The passenger count can still be entered, but no longer affects calculations.
Payload and fuel weight revised as well so that they can now be entered and limited correctly to prevent overloading the aircraft.
Warning messages added to TOD display (top of descent) on PROGRESS 1 to ensure sufficient flight plan data has been entered to support TOD calculation. INOP-NO DEP, INOP-NO ARR and INOP-DEP/ARR.
Fixed V-speeds on PERF1. The Flaps 22 setting will now consistently present slower V-speeds than Flaps 9 setting when applicable.
Fixed wind calculations on PERF2.
Fixed "Recommended VS" popup.
Aircraft / Objects
Fixed all external lights so that they have a more focused beam of light and that they don’t shine through the geometry of the plane.
Fixed overlapping manipulators for ALT knob on the AP panel.
The radios, clocks, MSTR Buttons, and the X-Plane FMS are now dependent on bus voltage instead of battery switch position.
Changed “Terrain Radar Not Installed” alert messaging so that users can choose to not install the Terrain Radar. These warnings are now present only if the plugin is not installed and the user selects either TERR or VSD on the DCU.
APU on EICAS is now correctly showing OFF in green text when the APU is off.
Added a rotation animation to the alternate radio frequency knob at the back of the pedestal.
Fixed the copilot's CRS2 knob so that it functions with the currently selected NAV guidance source, just like the pilot's side.
Restored “Ottopilot” Easter egg.
The yoke will now move in response to autopilot/stability inputs while engaged.
Cockpit rattle reduced volume and audible only later in the takeoff roll.
All aural warnings replaced.
Cabin Announcements added. Activated/deactivated on ERJ Settings menu.
Version 1.3.10 (May 12th 2020)
Revised flight loop logic to ensure initialization loop runs before main flight loop in order to prevent X-Plane "crash to desktop"
Revised memory allotment for temp_apt_ID - prevents crashes at certain airports.
Revised logic that guides initialization to be more reliable and ensure lack of conflict with other plugins.
Corrected inability to load the Linux version of the plugin.
Version1.3.0 (April 28th 2020)
• Airspeed and altitude indicators further debugged and enhanced to more closely represent the real aircraft. Digital displays have been corrected and the overspeed zone modified to adapt to be correctly sensitive to altitude and Mach number.
• Glideslope indicator presence now reactive to source selection as well as NAV radio frequency selection. INOP indications provided when appropriate.
• TO/GA pitch bars now adjust for the correct nose up position and guidance when selected.
• Pitch Limit Indicator (PLI) added to warn of excessive angle of attach and incipient stall conditions.
• Other visual cues and display elements debugged/corrected.
MFD / EICAS / Standby Instruments
• Further updated, revised and debugged displays to be closer to actual aircraft.
• All indications on the MFD should now switch between KG/LBS units where needed. Units now correctly persist from session to session.
Other General Enhancements and Bug Fixes
• Autopilot can now be turned on while on the ground.
• The No Smoking and Fasten Seatbelts manipulators reversed.
• Added code to match the throttle position to the reverse thrust condition when using joystick buttons or keys to toggle max reverse thrust.
• Fixed a model glitch on the E135 where part of the cabin geometry was sticking out of the fuselage.
• Increased the size of the manipulators that are in the centers of the autopilot control knobs – HDG synch, MACH/KIAS toggle (SPD), ALT sync for easier control in VR.
• Added a REVERSE THRUST manipulator just behind the throttle quadrant. This toggles max reverse thrust.
• Enhanced the APU indicator on EICAS to match video of actual aircraft display elements.
• Completely reconfigured the APU startup/shut-down manipulators, and added custom systems code to reflect the way in which the APU controls are supposed to be used in the real aircraft.
• APU fuel use now reflected in the MFD fuel totalizer, drawing from the right tank.
• Corrected/updated weight specifications of all ERJ’s as needed, except the Legacy which was already correct.
• All textures converted to the .DDS file compression format to prepare for X-Plane 11.50.
• Changed popup graphics for the side tabs and the former “Menu” popup to use “Operations” as the title. Better fit for the functions. Corrected a sizing error in the avionics script.
• Librain now supported for all cockpit windows. Users must download and install the librain plugin. This plugin is not recommended for Mac users as it conflicts with our SASL components
• Revised engine startup requirements so that the starter knobs are only briefly turned to the START position (1 to 2 seconds - use 2 to simulate FADEC automated startup.
• Autopilot: SPD, FLC and VS should now properly replace either of the other two vertical modes if changed during a climb.
• Autopilot: FLC now anticipates the change to ALT HOLD earlier.
• Three new thrust reverse commands added (use these instead of X-Plane commands to ensure synchronization with the throttles):
o XCrafts/rev_thrust_toggle_max_all","XCrafts TOOGLE reverse thrust all engines
o XCrafts/rev_thrust_toggle_max_1","XCrafts HOLD reverse thrust engine 1
o XCrafts/rev_thrust_toggle_max_2","XCrafts HOLD reverse thrust engine 2
• Updated the “engines running” and “in flight” initializations automatically set the bleeds and packs to ON. This should eliminate pilots passing out inadvertently (fade to black).
• ATAB (AviTab) and AUD tabs added to expand available functionality. AUD is a convenient control panel for all audio functions of the COM and NAV radios.
• Added control that allows the user to switch between landscape and portrait modes – rotating in either clockwise or counter-clockwise directions.
• Added FMOD cockpit engine volume control. Allows user to determine their preferred version of authenticity.
• Added a check box so that Recommended VS indications no longer appear for terminal descents on the top right of the monitor or on the upper banner of the AviTablet.
• Added a temporary checkbox to disable the overspeed warning. Only lasts for the current flight.
• Added a check box to hide the Easter Eggs that appear in the cockpit. This includes the images on the attitude indicator, the Golden Ticket, various bits of graffiti and the humorous warning placards on the door.
• TOD logic completely rewritten.
• VPI logic completely rewritten.
• Added new data entry flow “links” to the the FMS pages so that entering a flight plan takes less navigation hassle.
• Updated color coding of FMS page navigation text. Navigation is (mostly) light grey, with action items remaining white. Flight plan data entry flow coded green.
• Revised various parts of the procedure waypoints selection to correctly provide procedures available in certain airports. Also improved waypoint selection to be certain of getting the nearest ICAO of a given navtype when duplicate ICAO’s exist.
• Corrected visual departure and arrival fixes for non-SID and non-STAR procedures so that they will line up better with the runway – dependent on magnetic variation accuracy.
• Added automatic edit of waypoint altitudes later in the FLT PLAN to match a cruise altitude entry update. This only applies when editing established waypoints.
• Revised the flight plan loading sequence to better merge SID/ROUTE/STAR waypoint lists.
• OAT now calculating correctly for all altitudes.
• TRS indication restored to PERF 2.
• Corrected PROGRESS page time and distance readouts. Rewrote ZULU time code to correct timing issues.
• Removed CRZ ALT MISMATCH warning.
Version 1.2.0 (November 7th 2019)
ERJ Functions / Tekton FMS Enhancements:
VPI (Vertical Path Indicator) capability has been added to the PFD. This acts similar to a glide slope indicator, only it shows deviation from the programmed flight path once you reach TOD. Appears one minute's flight time pre-TOD just like the real thing. It uses the same 250' per dot precision as GS, except for the final approach leg if GS is not being used, where the precision ramps up to 75' per dot. Again, just like the real thing. A “VPI Helper” for vertical speed mental math is also provided to make challenging descents a bit easier.
Added AviTab support. AviTablet frame can be hidden, stowed and dynamically moved around by the user.
Added “Pause near TOD” as a temporary ERJ setting – not saved from flight to flight. The pause occurs 3 minutes before TOD so that pilots can “get back in the groove” before commencing descent if they’ve been away from the computer.
Nearest airport will automatically load in the FMS when initialized or reset (similar to the FMZ2000).
FLT PLAN page completely revised. Waypoint numbers and type removed, added leg distances, altitude predictions and updated color coding.
Single waypoint ROUTE’s are now possible. SID and STAR can be edited down to a single waypoint if desired.
Ripple edit of altitude and airspeed now possible. Edit one waypoint and the rest of the waypoints of the ROUTE are automatically updated to match. Permits easy entry of step climbs, ATC cleared enroute altitude and speed revisions, etc.
Cruise altitude data entry moved to the INIT page to make flight planning flow more fluid. Loading a flight plan that has waypoint altitude data will automatically enter cruise altitudes in most cases.
Changing the units on PERF 3 now persists from session to session as a setting, but does not appear in the ERJ Settings menu (this is intentional).
FMS warnings for incorrect or missing cruise altitudes added.
Added capability that saves a Current_Waypoints.txt file for better customer support and flight plan analysis. Created by custom command as well as automatically with EXEC.
Added the ability to reset the FMS on the INIT page in addition to the INDEX.
Pilots’ visibility changed in external views. If the batteries are off, no pilots will be drawn in the cockpit. If the batteries are on and the main external door is open, only the FO is drawn. Simulates CA doing a walk around.
A “resize icon” has been added so that when your mouse cursor is over the resizing hot zone for any of the popup features or the FMS.
Speed brakes will now auto-retract if the groundspeed falls below 25 knots.
ERJ Functions / FMS Bug Fixes:
Fixed AP function so that when “turned off,” it disconnects the servos but does not turn the Flight Director off. The FDIR bars will now continue to provide guidance for manual flight even if the AP is “off.”
TOD calculations completely revised, along with SID and STAR altitude predictions. TOD should remain correct, even after editing the FLT PLAN.
Corrected a display discrepancy in the hydraulics indications by revising their systems configuration in the ACF files.
Version 1.1.4 (October 4th 2019)
AIRCRAFT RELATED CHANGES
Corrected EICAS fuel flow readouts to ensure pounds values were shown with the PPH (pounds per hour) indication, and
kilograms values for KPH (kilograms per hour). Also revised to be sure that these readouts were still visible with AVIONICS 1
and AVIONICS 2 in the OFF condition.
Revised speedbrakes automation to enable use by users that prefer to use the mouse for all flight control input and to
eliminate any issues related to joystick axis position. We now use the animated throttle position and the position of the
reverser buckets to be sure that the reversers are not deployed before automatically closing the speedbrakes.
Revised internal datastructures for greater code efficiency.
Updated speedbrake logic to check the landing gear for compression to ensure that the aircraft
is indeed on the ground before automatically deploying the speedbrakes.
AIRCRAFT RELATED CHANGES
Updated the Legacy fuel consumption and thrust.
You can now switch between LB/KG on the MFD and EICAS screens when selected on FMS PERF 3.
Updated RMU section of aircraft manual to better describe use of the various functions, especially the transponder.
FMOD and DIRECT KEYBOARD ENTRY AUDIO
Updated FMOD to version 1.1.2. Restores some sounds that were inadvertently omitted in aircraft release 1.1.1.
Updated Legacy maximum speed warning to Mach .84.
Separated Direct Keyboard Entry volume control in ERJ Settings from the V-speed and T/O Config alerts.
Added Landing Call outs Now its 500ft, 100ft, 50ft, 10ft.
INSERT AFTER in FLT PLAN editing. Will now properly add a waypoint to the end of a loaded flight plan.
Newer default FMS navdata (approx six months older per Aerosoft policy). Extracting the "Custom Data.zip" expands
to a folder called "Custom Data" with a GNS430 folder directly beneath the top level. Eliminates nested Custom Data
ERJ FUNCTIONS and CUSTOM AVIONICS
Reworked V-Speed code to improve reliability.
Fixed glaring errors in ERJ-135 and ERJ-140 V-speed table lookup code.
Increased the distance from the destination airport that we display PERF 3 approach speeds. These will now be
available within one minute of passing 75nm to your intended landing.
Added "file not found" messaging in INITIALIZE for sound settings file.
Reduced minimum AP mach number to .50 to give users more flexibility in altitudes just above FL180.
Added tail numbers to all livery objects directories (the white default aircraft has no tail number). Modified the tail number
format to permit separate tail numbers for each type of aircraft if different. If using multiple tail numbers, you must have
three lines in order to differentiate. (E135/E140/E145(+XR)) Legacy tail.txt files should always have only one entry.
Revised auto-speedbrake code to use actual joystick throttle lever position instead of "throttle request" dataref since
this would close speedbrakes upon use of the "hold reverse thrust" momentary command. Using the command HOLD
REVERSE THRUST FULL will no longer close the speedbrakes while slowing down on landing. Be advised: TOGGLE REVERSE
thrust does appear to be working correctly in X-Plane.
AIRCRAFT RELATED CHANGES
VSpeed bugs added to the PFD (-1, -R, -2 and -AP ... V1, VR, V2 and Vapp).
Speed Trend Line added to the PFD
Overspeed and low speed awareness bars rebuilt in a more realistic way, matching the real aircraft
Wind indicator on PFD is hidden on the ground
MAX SPEED indicator added to the PFD
APU indicator on EICAS doesnt show "%" when its off
Oil temperature indications on EICAS fixed
E135 and Legacy are no longer supporting AI flights
Legacy fuel consumption refined.
FMOD and DIRECT KEYBOARD ENTRY AUDIO
NEW CONTROLS: Open the X-Crafts ERJ menu and then click on OPEN when shown by the dropdown. We
now have X-Plane 11 GUI styled tick boxes for TAB hotkey disable and VERBOSE logging in the log.txt.
***** Volume sliders or FMOD sounds and the DKE feedback sound
**** All settings persist from session to session.
The FMOD_vol.cfg file is no longer used. It will be deleted in a later update.
ERJ FUNCTIONS and CUSTOM AVIONICS
Fixed the logic for re-selecting a STAR in the Tekton FMS and re-EXECuting. It's now functional again.
PERF 3 approach speeds now recalculated once per minute as soon as you are within 15 to 20 nautical miles of
the destination airport.
PERF 3 predicted weight can still be overridden by the user.
PERF 3 predicted weight will show PENDING after takeoff, and until calculation/recalculation begins nearing
the end of the ROUTE.
Datarefs created for Vspeeds and the overspeed indicator on the PFD, and a stall speed estimated at Vref
(flaps 45) plus 30 KIAS.
AIRCRAFT RELATED CHANGES
Modified flight models to fly with nose up attitude (1-2 degrees up) on approach (around 120-115 knots)
Modified flight models to fly at M0.78 with CRZ TRS mode engaged.
Spool Up slowed down
Spool Down slowed down
Throttles are less responsive
Modified fuel consumption to match closer real life performance
Less tire friction so the planes need less thrust to start moving
Fixed CRS Needle offset
Fixed Fuel page on Legacy had FWD and VENTRAL mixed
Changed the dome light pitch so it illuminates the overhead panel more.
Fixed GPU voltage was showing wrong values
Fixed overlapping EICAS messages
Fixed Ventral Tank on XR showing zero fuel
Added Landing Call outs Now its 500ft, 100ft, 50ft, 10ft.
Shorter Aircraft Descriptions (for JAR Design Ground Handling Plugin compatibility)
Corrected ICAO signs for E145 XR and Legacy
Park brake now isnt pulled when toe brakes are used
Overspeed bar on PFD is red and goes all the way up
Removed service door indication from Legacy MFD system page
MODEL RELATED CHANGES
Fixed NAV lights being illuminated while the switches were off
The engines now both rotate in the same direction
Remove before flight covers show up only after N1 is 0%
Outer Spoilers deploy less than the inner ones
Cabin Lights are now controllable (you can dim them or switch them on/off completely)
from the FA control panel which is located next to the main door.
Main door can also be closed from this same FA control panel
Added a click spot which swaps the 2 FMS units
Dome and chart holder lights were not actually lit when the light was illuminated.
Fixed pedestal panel lights being connected to the dome lights
Removed the dummy avionics manipulator from the glareshield
Removed easter egg manipulator which rotated the cabin from overhead panel, because
it's supposed to be somewhere else!
Removed service door manipulator in Legacy
The altitude pressure knob nowgoes to FL410 on Legacy and XR
Touched up geometry to remove small gaps in the cockpit
Fixed a tiny piece of the cabin sticking out above service door on the Legacy
Changed parking brake manipulator
Added manipulators to the trim switches on the pedestal
Opening the doors on the panel now also changes the door status on the ground menu
FADEC switches have a default position at 12 o clock
Fixed some issues on the belly normal maps
Some minor tweaks to the cockpit textures to make them blend in better.
Fixed Speedbrake Textures
Gear Up indcators on the EICAS are now white as on the real jets.
If you spawn a session in flight the avionics no longer go through a self test before being fully active
Automatically remove the "remove before flight" elements permanently when the engines are started.
The user can toggle them back on after shutting down the engines.
Auto deploy spoilers on landing. (Note that speedbrake automation will be disabled if the user has
the speedbrakes assigned to a joystick axis). Wheels must be spinning, groundspeed at or over 50 KIAS.
Auto retract spoilers when throttle advanced past 50%.
Initialize STAB DE-ICE in the ON condition for all startup situtations.
Revised the X-Plane descriptions of a few of the custom commands for the autopilot.
Revised the function of the autopilot toggle to properly control the yaw damper when necessary.
Created new command: XCrafts/ERJ_parking_brake. This will set the toe brakes to "full on" as a
replacement for the X-Plane "parking brake" and allow people to slow the aircraft without the
parking brake handle animating.
Encoded in 5.1
Highly modified exterior engines based on new recordings.
Increased bass and volume of ground roll.
Increased bass of interior engines.
Increased Interior start slightly.
Decreased coffee pot rattle (provided you are not standing in the galley).
Added shutdown for interior/exterior engines.
Added main gear retract bumps (only audible in cabin!).
Smoothed transition from cockpit/cabin.
Modified thrust reverse.
50 and 10 callouts added.
Reduced bass on interior and exterior reverse thrust.
Lowered pitch of packs by 1st, also added a slight air noise to try to smooth the high pitch sound.
Fixed overhead switches.
Reduced volume, increased high pass of thrust reverse.
Lowered pitch of avionic fans by 2st
Added nose gear retract sound.
Added mach scale high speed (mutes 322 kias warning and instead triggers at 0.78M).
Changed trigger points for speed warning from 250/320 to 252/322.
Changed Mach overspeed from 0.78 to 0.85
Changed logic on the gear horn. Now triggers with gear up when below 1260RA.
Added triple-chime to gear horn.
Added end caps to packs when using the bleed air switch to mask abrupt start/stop.
Custom park brake now working.
Nose gear extend sound added.
Reduced galley cart distance.
Reduced cockpit rattles.
Fixed 50 and 10 callouts.
Added additional checks for gear horn.
Reduced 50 and 10 Callouts by 2db