The ERJ Family by X-Crafts are 5 brand new add-ons for X-Plane , including the Embraer E135, E140, E145, E145XR and the Legacy 650, which is a popular business jet version of the E135. These are possibly the most detailed ERJ jets ever built for any flight simulator!
This package contains the ERJ 135
(you can buy the entire ERJ Fleet as one package here)
X-Crafts has build on years of experience developing the popular EJets, and now brings these new models to an entire new level of simulation and experience! We have worked closely with six real ERJ pilots, who's expertise helped us make these jets as good as we possibly could have. You can read some of their testimonials below.
The ERJs are often the first jet airliner a pilot gets to fly in his career, so if you want to get a feel of them, this is a great opportunity! And as they are usually used for regional flights, they are perfect addition to your hangar for your short flights!
PHILOSOPHY BEHIND THESE ADD-ONS (from Marko @ xcrafts)
The ERJs are purposely made to be enjoyed by a flight sim user of any level, whether it is a hardcore flight sim enthusiast, or someone who is looking for their first payware jet! If you already own an X-Crafts product, you'll know that I always focus on making everything as user friendly as possible, to make sure that you have no hiccups while flying! I really want people to have a flawless experience so there is now even a helpsheet plugin which will solve most of your issues without you ever leaving the sim!
Not only did I try to make them behave and look as close to the real thing as I could, I also wanted these to be the most FUN add-ons for XP ever made! You will find that there are over 25 Easter eggs and and references hidden literally all around the airplanes, which even include a treasure hunt! I can't wait to see who is going to find them all first!
But let me speak honestly. This is not my job, this is my hobby, my obsession and my addiction at the same time! I gave these jets all of my love (and blood and sweat) over the past two years, because I just wanted to create something awesome that I will love and that others will enjoy flying. I have already fallen in love with these jets, so now it’s your turn ;)
Most of the systems are configured like on the real jets based on the input from our real ERJ pilots. We even have the custom AP climb and descend modes which simulate the real AP modes on the ERJs. The screens are as close to the real thing as I could have made them within my possibilities. The start up of the avionics is simulated just like in the real jets and it takes a while before everything loads up.
- UPDATER - You can easily check for new updates right inside of X-Plane and you will automatically get the latest version. It literally takes 3 clicks of a button!
- On-screen CHECKLIST plugin
- On-screen HELP SHEET with FAQ and useful info which will get you going real quick and will solve 90% of issues that users usually ask on the forums.
- On-Screen Control menu for door control, ground objects, GPU and engine covers.
- Pre-configured systems like on the real plane
- Realistic Avionics Startup
- Realistic flight dynamics based on real pilot input and feedback
- AviTab Integration in the cockpit
- There are two FMS units installed on the pedestal: Custom TEKTON FMS© by Steve Wilson (More details below) and the X-Plane FMS by Philipp J. Münzel
- Please note that these are not replicas of the FMS units usually installed on the jets.
3D MODELING AND TEXTURING
I'm a VFX artist in real life, so I'm used to creating photo-real assets. Although I am limited by the XP rendering capabilities and your hardware, I tried to make it look and perform as good as I could :)
- 4K High resolution textures (more important is the resolution of the actual fuselage which is 75000pixels per on meter squared)
- Highly detailed landing gears, Flaps, lights, gauges, antennas... everything :)
- Realistic wingflex animation
- Pilots in external view
- All doors are animated and controllable from the plugin menu. Main and service doors can also be opened by clicking on the levers.
You'll find that there is an amazing level of detail, for example dust particles on the screens visible when light shines on them, finger prints on buttons, and if you zoom in really close to the screens you will even see individual pixels on the actual screens. I tried to make sure that the cockpit looks realistically worn out and used as it would based on how much these jets are used!
- High resolution PFD, MFD, EICAS displays
- All text around the cockpit is crisp and clear with any rendering options
- Intuitive cockpit manipulation - I have always taken great care to make the cockpit as easy to use as possible. This means all clickable areas in the cockpit are very big so that you can easily click on any button, knob or lever in the cockpit
- Each switch, lever, knob, and handle is animated
- All cockpit lights are controllable exactly as on the real jets, even the screens shine light on their surroundings
- Includes baggage bay door light
POP UP INSTRUMENTS
- 3D (not movable, ideal for VR) pop-up panels of the FMS, Radio panel and Thrust Rating Panel.
- The FMS also has a 2D pop up window mode that stays on the screen and you can move it around, so you can simply choose which one you want to be using based on your preference.
- Pop Up screens of the PFD MFD and EICAS
- Realistic Exterior Lighting: NAV, Strobe, Beacon, Left/Nose/Right landing lights, Nose taxi lights, Inspection lights, Logo lights, Courtesy lights, Baggage door light. They all cast light on the surroundings.
- Audible Alert System
- Awesome 3D sounds, many of which have been recorded on the real jets!
FULLY VR COMPATIBLE
These jets have been made, fine-tuned and tested for a flawless VR experience!
There are 5 liveries included compatible with the ERJs (White, American Airlines, American Airlines Old, United Express, ExpressJet,and 3 for the Legacy. There are dozens of other liveries available on the forums.
TEKTON FMS© Features
Custom MCDU Interface
- Initialization page on system startup
- Easy to navigate paging system
- SID, ROUTE and STAR waypoint lists are treated as separate editable items
- Color keyed data presentation
- Scratchpad data entry
- Interactive feedback messages
- Both 2D and 3D popups are available for easy access.
- Direct Keyboard Entry (DKE)
Departure and Arrival Procedures
- SID and STAR procedures from X-Plane stock or third party custom data
- Zipped “Custom Data” folder provided
- Altitude and airspeed constraints for procedures
- Automatic procedure altitude calculation
- Flexible STAR element selection and re-selection and editing
- Default visual departure and approach waypoints
- Ability to easily edit SIDs, Routes, STARS and the loaded FLT PLAN
Performance Flight Planning:
- PERF 1 page providing preflight and takeoff data
- PERF 2 page allowing route fuel planning
- PERF 3 page for approach data
- Thrust Rating Select page (TRS) accessed from PERF 1
- FMS reset function
- Simplified manual waypoint altitude entry
- Company route load and save functions
- FLT PLAN page now automatically advances with destination waypoint
- 8.33mhz tunable radios
- Comprehensive Status Page
- The stock X-Plane MCDU is also provided as an alternative for users that prefer it.
An amazing 3D sound package comes with the jets. Everything from different knob sounds, door sounds to realistic engine sounds. Many of the sounds have been recorder on the real jets which makes the experience extra immersive!
“I've been flying the EMB 145 and 135 Shuttle for the airlines and corporate shuttle since 2004. I have flown as both the Captain and the First Officer and have over 7000 hours in type to date. I worked closely with Marko to help make the plane as authentic as he could to the best of his ability. The ERJ family has incorporated animations, sounds, and switch logic based on videos from a real EMB 135. The cockpit textures and details are world class and actually so close to real life that it would be possible for someone to practice and learn "flows" that are used in real life to fly the real plane. The only sim that I've seen that is more realistic is the actual level D full motion sim that is used for training.
Matt "Skippy" Arbogast EMB 145/135 Captain.”
- Aircraft developed and created by Marko Mamula (X-Crafts)
- FMS, plugins, documentation and Tutorial videos by Steve Wilson
- FMOD sounds by Todd .F.
Massive thanks to all the beta testers who stayed with us till the end and to the ERJ pilots who approached me and helped us make these jets so great!