AUTOPILOT & AUTOTHROTTLE
- Fixed: Incorrect change from KTS to MACH at 30900ft [TEST: Confirm that the units always change correctly when crossing ~30900ft, and also that they do not change if you were already in the correct units, eg, if you were in kts above 30900ft, it should stay in kts]
- Fixed: If LNAV is deactivated, VNAV must switch to the associated manual mode. FPA now correctly syncs with the current flight path angle when the FPA button is pressed
- LNAV and VNAV will not disconnect if you disengage AP anymore
- Vertical modes are correctly updated when FD is toggled off.
- Fixed: The user is not able to set the VS or other AP modes while on the ground
- Added commands for changing the speed up and down by 1 or 10kts so that users can set it up on their hardware.
- Changed Throttle Retarding detection method to prevent previous hardware issues.
- Replaced Speedbrakes joystick axis reference and remove inhibition if speed brake axis use is detected.
- Command tooltips for the X-Plane Joystick menu revised to improve clarity
- Added subsequent TOD indications on the VSD for any level-offs in STARs + PTH should now always resume descent after level off in the descent
- Fixed: VNAV not engaging if AP not selected before 1200ft AGL
- Improved TOD precision
- TOC is now visible if it occurs within the SID. TOC is displayed currently based on average climb performance, but you may reach FL before or after TOC, that is normal
- Fixed: Route waypoint altitudes do not conform to climb or descent altitude profiles when before TOC or after TOD.
- Fixed: PTH Vertical deviation bug does not stay in the middle during level offs during the descents
- The flight Model was modified to prevent early rotation on takeoff in XP12
- Decreased the idle N1 slightly for the XP11 variants
- Flap extension times were reduced after evaluating some real-world videos. Flap 1 now takes 15 sec to extend instead of 20 seconds.
- Fixed strange sharp edges around the buttons on the Guidance Panel and on the Minimums and FPA knobs
- Reevaluated Windshield Glass transparency - the conclusion was that the transparency was true to life and depends highly on the lighting conditions in the sim
- Prevented the minimums manipulators to be manipulated by click and hold, because it resulted in values that were not 5 or 0, which was incorrect.
- Fixed: The Speed tape would jump to 420kts while the plane is stationary with strong winds.
- RETD Annunciator added again (Engages on landing when AT disengages). RETD ARMED is still pending
- The Magenta Diamond for VNAV vertical deviation will no longer appear after landing
- Fixed: BARO Minimums readout box was invisible when RA Minimums are at 0
- Fixed FPA cyan lines being visible after changing to PTH
- Removed AP engaged flasher, as there is no flashed on the real plane.
- AT Disconnect Flashing annunciator corrected color from red to green
- Improved navigation between different MFD pages and dropdowns
- Fixed: When the APU is running and the APU valve is then closed, the APU valve stays open on the Anti Ice page, but closes correctly on the ECS page
- Fixed incorrect occurrence of the ENG TLA NOT TOGA CAS message. It is now only visible if AT is armed, and you are going faster than 60kts. If you see this message, push the throttles fully forward on takeoff which will engage the AutoThrottle
- Use the ICAO code instead of the identifier to search airports. This should fix some airports not being found on the EFB [NOTE]: If this still happens to you, please quit X-Plane, then navigate to …\X-Plane\Output\caches\xcrafts, and delete the airports.db folder. It will be recreated automatically next time you start X-Plane. This should resolve this issue
- Fix bug in touch drag detection
- Extra characters lingering from previous waypoint ID's on the MFD Progress bar
- East and West were swapped on the PILOT WAYPOINT pages
- Fixed RTE page - navigating back to RTE during some MOD conditions would show the departure airport as series of blue squares.
- Also found some other page navigation and MOD status quirks that needed fixing as well.
- Fixed Mach display for TOC/TOD modified ROUTE waypoints on the FPLAN pages as well as corrected the display format for all waypoints whose speed is displayed in Mach units anywhere in the plugin. The correct format is .nnM
- Added climb (CLB) and descent (DES) data for TOC/TOD modified ROUTE waypoints on the FPLAN pages.
- Fixed wrong runway on FPLAN missed approach page 1.
- Fixed next waypoint and ETA not updating correctly on MFD.
- Fixed indication of cruise Mach on FPLAN page 1, row 1
- Fixed - overlapping indications of other vertical modes when PTH is engaged at TOD.
- Fixed - VAP airspeed entry should be cyan, not magenta.
- Updated our navaid finder to prevent TACAN's from being rejected as a procedure waypoint
- Fixed FMS filenames truncated on Linux
- Fixed MFD Waypoint time / Clock Disagreement
- Zulu time correctly displayed on the PROGRESS page
- Fix transponder readout to permit leading zeros for single digit values like "0003"
- STARTER switches and EMERG LT will now be in the correct OFF position in a cold & dark state.
- Fixed: Mysterious CTDs when loading the plane for some users
- Revised logging.
- Fixed: Engine Covers are not displayed in XP12, but they work fine in XP11
LIGHTS IN X-PLANE 12
- Fixed back nav lights on the extended winglets of the E175. They were red, but are now white as they should be
- Fixed back nav lights on the E190/E195 not being visible. They were tied to the strobe lights, not the nav lights.
- Increased the overall intensity of all nav lights by 20%
- Adjusted the intensity of the strobe lights to match real values
- The back NAV and Strobe lights now shine on the winglets as on the real planes.
- Fixed the E190/E195 engine pylon going through the flap when the flaps were extended
- Improved winglex on all variants. The wings now bend higher on takeoff, as lift increases.
- Please note that due to a bug in X-Plane, the lift forces are not effective in Replay mode, so the winglex in replay mode will not look exactly as it does in real-time. This was reported to Laminar Research.
- Moved the engine cones for the E170 and E175 a bit closer to the engines, so that they do not intersect with the Simple Ground Service vehicles
- Added cabin mains ground contact.
- Added cabin nose ground contact.
- Replaced cockpit mains ground contact.
- Added cockpit nose ground contact.
- Added "autobrake" aural.
- Installed additional insulation under the floor near the wing root. This has muffled the rather noisy electric hydraulic pump by about 6dB and brought the pitch down slightly.
- Fixed interior electric hydraulic pump shutdown, wasn't playing properly.
- Verified that all instances of the "langing gear" typo have been corrected to "landing gear".
(June 26th 2023)
AUTOPILOT & AUTOTHROTTLE
- The throttle animation was fixed. They are not separate and they move backward in reverse
- AT stability improved in X-Plane 12. Still not perfect, but should be much better now than before.
- The reaction of FLCH climb/descent rates slowed down a bit
- Engine Start at high temperatures fixed - Engines should now always start under normal conditions
- Flaps 1 and 2 now take much longer to extend, as per the real aircraft
- Fixed Fuel Crossfeed switch which wasn’t working
- The right Radio is now off in DC power, left one is powered
- Fixed sterile lights switch not moving on DC power
- Wing Ice Protection switch indication fixed
- Added a preceding zero to the altitude dial for FL values lower than FL100 as on the real aircraft
- The speed trend is now only displayed once the speed tape is live (above 30 kts)
- Fixed speed tape showing incorrect value while the aircraft is stationary in strong ground winds
- Fixed VS indication not clearing on the PFD when switching from VS to FLCH (VNAV) mode during the climb
- Enhanced the APPR1/APPR2 modes on the PFD
- Brake temperatures now display correctly, and the temperature now increases after braking. It will take around 15 minutes to cool off after applying full brakes on landing. This is only available in X-Plane 12.
- Fixed temperatures sometimes incorrectly showing 0°C on the ANTI ICE page
- Fixed last waypoint on missed approach missing identifier on VSD.
- Fixed crash when plugins provide bad TCAS aircrafts data.
- Fixed north-up map not orientated to true north on the PLAN.
- Fixed VSD focus waypoint out of order in some situations.
- Fixed reversed left/right of track indicator.
- Fixed CTD when perf available with no flight plan.
- Fixed TOD drawn over TOC on VSD with short flight plans.
- Fixed TOD position inaccurate on VSD with some flight path angles.
- Fixed OIL PRESS being too high in X-Plane 12
- Fuel flow for left engine displayed in tens, not single digits as on the real aircraft
- Fixed airport database filtering out non-IFR airports. There should be no more issues finding an airport
- Fixed: No explicit connection timeout set on libcurl requests. (For Linux users)
- Fixed: Status bar showed wrong day
- No smoking and seatbelt sounds no longer play when there is no battery power.
- Park brake sound now only makes sound when the handle moves.
- Fixed a typo that was preventing the oxygen supply test from working on the 190, 95, and Lineage.
- Interior APU sounds are now working as intended.
- Sound now fades in when sim is unpaused, or when returning from a menu screen.
- Added interior cabin electrical to the rear of the cabin.
- Added engine windmilling sound when engines are off (X-Plane 12 only)
- Added 1000, 500, 200, and 100 callouts. (Sounds generously provided by Mango Studios)
- Rebuilt the packs event to more closely match the functionality of the real plane
- Rebuilt avionic fans to be more consistent.
- Rebuilt touchdown sounds to happen independently as each gear touches down.
- Added interior engine start sounds.
- Fixed cabin/cockpit rattle sounds that were not playing properly.
- Yellow-Black stripes under engine starters not visible without FLOOD/STORM lights
- Revised all the VR hotspots for both X-Plane 11 and X-Plane 12
(May 19th 2023)
- Autothrottle toggle button - was inoperative in some situations. - fixed
- Unexplained zero percent TRS (Thrust Reduction Setting) on cruise - fixed
- Improved TRS page functionality - all functions will cancel AUTO, and AUTO will now always show the correct current TRS setting
- CLB may now be selected during departure, even if FLAPS 1 or FLAPS 2 are still deployed.
- Slightly increased CLB thrust for slightly better climb performance
- Reduced sensitivity to autopilot flyups when close to Vne. Also restricting flyup protection to descents.
- Fuel predictions on PROGRESS no longer vary wildly.
- MacOS CTD on cold/dark load attempts
- Bank angle mode does not revert to normal bank angle
- Fixed the V/L button on the FO side to work just like the one on the CA side
- Unable to close popped-out MFD screen - Fixed, you will always be able to click on the VSD to toggle the popup even with dropdown menus open
- Added pop up screens also to the FO side
- Added transmitting for VHF1 and VHF2 to the radios
- Increased the brightness of cockpit panel lights, so that they are more visible in XP12 during the day. Please use the dimming knobs to dim them down at night as they may appear too bright. This is a workaround while we wait for X-Plane 12 to render the cockpit brighter.
- Removed FD from the standby Display
- Windshield heater strips are a bit less dark to reflect the real color
- There was a black triangle next to the windshield heaters - fixed
- Takeoff VSpeeds Disappearing - Fixed
- BARO minimums limited to 2000 MSL - Fixed
- Minimums (including the bug on the tape) are not visible anymore when on the ground
- Fixed the CABIN PRESSURE HIGH
- Improved automatic the cabin pressure management.
- Cabin pressure rate change improved
- Added manual control of cabin pressure (the switch is not yet animated but it will work)
- Implemented CABIN PRESSURE DUMP switch
- EFB not loading on some versions of Linux - fixed
- Fuel capacity corrected in the perf databases for the E190 and E195
- Fixed cargo bays not being properly aligned with the doors
- The Cargo door opening instructions on the E170 AFT door fixed
- APU Switch should now be functional for the START position