The FA-18F is more than just the 2-seat version of the FA-18E. It's two seat layout enables the crew to use the equipment, aerodynamics and power to the full potential. The FA-18F (together with E, C, D and G) are the backbone of today's american naval flying forces.
Having its origins in the legendary F-5 Tiger, during many decades of evolution the FA-18F is now a real multipurpose aircraft, performing excellently in air-to-air, air-to-ground and
recon. missions. Having its home base on aircraft carriers, flying the “Super Hornet” during day and night times can be considered one of the biggest challenges an aviator can accept.
- All fighter jet typical, over land, operations
- Carrier operation (takeoff, landing)
- Air to air refueling (difficulty can be adjusted)
- Front and rear cockpit views (rear cockpit with interactive displays)
Custom, high quality 3D sound
- Fully immersive cockpit (spinning fans with dynamic rpm depending on AC setting,different sounds on various flight levels and g-loads, turns at high AoA have dynamicvortex sound, breathing sound of the oxygen mask, g-suit pressurization, etc…)
- Computer voice of “BETTY”
- The volume of all major sounds in the cockpit can be adjusted manually.
- Complex engine sounds
- 50+ custom made sounds
- Dozens of dynamic effects (example: different sound levels for different canopy open/close levels, many different switches, weapon launching, rain on the windshield, flyby sounds, supersonic bang, ejection sound, etc…. )
Highly detailed interactive 3D cockpit
- Cockpit modeled and textured according to the real aircraft.
- 4k textures: Great cockpit textures in 4k quality
- 2k textures: In alternative
- Ultra realistic, projected, collimated, focused to infinity 3D Head up display.
- Projected: The HUD is only visible from realistic angles, and moves realistically with the pilot's head movements.
- Focused to infinity: The symbols stay on the same focused point, even if the pilot head moves.
- Collimated: The size of the HUD stays the same relative to the pilot's eye, no matter if he's near or far the HUD
- HUD symbology partially rejectable/hideable (pitch ladder, bank scale).
- Adjustable line thickness, brightness, color. Info about gear,flaps, tailhook, ILS, AoA (plus AoA bracket) and many more directly in the HUD.
- Interactive displays with custom programmed menus and indicators:
- Custom FA-18F Attitude direction indicator, Engine indicator, GPS, Horizontal
- situation indicator with navaid information and navaid map, Flight data indicator, Weapons indicator, Fuel indicator, RADAR.
- Custom upfront control display (below the HUD). Interactive menus for COM1, COM2, Autopilot, Settings (Transponder etc.), NAV1 and NAV2.
- Simple navigation via the HSI map / GPS in alternative
- Fuel/engine information gauge with working nozzle indicators, fuel information for internal and external tanks and engine values. Animated standby instruments. Radar
- warning receiver.
- Interactive consoles:
- With a lot of functionality, many animated switches, includes working gauges.
- Hideable throttle and stick, working ejection handle.
- Reasonable system depth:
- Ideal for occasional and semi pro simulator fighter pilots
- Night : Gorgeous night lighting with adjustable intensity.
- Installation guide - ? Quick start manual - Full manual (70 pages)
- Video tutorials on www.youtube.com/colimatavideos
- 4k textures: High quality textures in 4k. Including normal maps.
- 2k version available to save video RAM.
- Animations: Dozens of animations for example: Control surfaces and their combined actions. Two stage airbrakes (First control surfaces alone, second adds brake doors)
- Animated Canopy, nozzles, wingfold, etc.
Refined flight model
- Correct landing speeds and AoA, max. turn rate, top speed, fuselage/wing root extensions lift simulation, etc.
- Plugin driven correct thrust and top speeds in on different flight levels including
Plain and armed version included
- 17+ high quality 4k liveries (optional 2k): USA Flighttest, VFA-32 Swordsmen, VFA-41 Back Aces, VFA-102 Diamondbacks, VFA-103 Jolly Rogers, VFA-147 Argonauts, VFA-213 Black Lions, Australia, Canada, Finland, Kuwait, Malaysia, Spain, Switzerland, Factory rollout, neutral
- To reduce download size many liveries can be downloaded for free here, from the x-plane.org sever: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/category/166-fa-18f-by-colimata/