Unleash the power of the Merlin V12 engine with FMOD Experience: P-51D Mustang, a high fidelity sound package for X-Plane 11.
From startup to shutdown, the noise of a P-51 Mustang is impressive. First and foremost it's incredibly loud, so loud that it shakes the ground. And that's only during warmup!
Although we leave it up to you to decide if you want to warmup the engine and taxi around all day, we highly recommend you take off and let that V12 really sing. Whether you perform aerobatic manoeuvres or buzz the crowds at 400 MPH, this sound package recreates that authentic P-51 soundscape.
Inside the cockpit you'll find that every animated switch, lever and knob has its own sound effect. In addition, the typical whirring of WW2 era systems will be playing as the aircraft is powered up. The only thing missing is the smell.
If the engine and airflow noises are a bit too much simply use the in-game toggable headset mode to reduce volume levels and prioritize warnings and radio messages.
The sound package is designed as a drop-in upgrade for the magnificent P-51D by the Skunkcrafts team. So make sure you own that add-on prior to purchasing this sound package.
- Authentic engine, propeller and exhaust notes
- Advanced distant soundscape for dynamic fly-bys
- Realistic sounds for all equipment inside and outside the aircraft
- Detailed airflow noises including the distinctive gun port whistle
- In-game toggable headset mode
- Weapon sound effects
- Ambient (nature) and weather sound effects
- VR Ready: Optimized 3D placement of every sound source
Please note the installation procedure requires knowledge of moving files to appropriate directories (extracting, copying and pasting).