Up high in the Northern Atlantic Ocean, between Iceland, Norway, and
Great Britain, lie the Faroe Islands – an archipelago of 18 islands.
Here, helicopters are important for traffic in areas that buses and
ferries do not reach, while visitors from abroad arrive at Vágar
The scenery Faroe Islands XP recreates the entire
archipelago for XPlane 11 – Maps2XPlane have developed the terrain mesh
of Faroes4XPlane, while Albert Ràfols has contributed the airport Vágar
and the helipads.
Thanks to seasonal adaptations the
high-resolution terrain mesh always perfectly fits the current time of
year, while the autogen has been realized in a uniquely Faroese style by
both designers. In addition, there are hundreds of custom objects, 3D
vegetation, and night lighting.
Virtual pilots can approach Vágar
Airport (FAE, EKVG) that mirrors its real-world counterpart to great
detail – like the runway that is realistically sloped. The eight
helipads spread over the islands are included in this scenery as well.
- Compatible with both X-Plane 12 and X-Plane 11
- Realistic recreation of the complete Faroe Islands with an area of about 1.400 km²
- High resolution terrain mesh with various texture sets for a seasonal representation
- Customized local terrain details, e.g. realistically sloped runway at the Vágar Airport
- Detailed rendition of the Vágar Airport and the eight helipads spread over the archipelago
- Faroese themed autogen, navigation obstacles and dynamic traffic on the islands
- Hundreds of custom objects with PBR materials, 3D vegetation, night lighting