This project is part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane cutting edge Flight Model.
The CTLS aircraft is produced by Flight Design of Germany. Produced in 2008, it is a part of Flight Design CT series family. It is a high-wing, tricycle, two seat light sport aircraft. The aircraft is built mainly from composite materials construction, having an efficient aerodynamics shape and relatively low weight, allowing it to carry high useful loads. It is powered by a Rotax 912 ULS engine. Thanks to its design efficiency, the CTLS is fast, spacious and capable for cross country flights, with a cruise speed of approximately 115 knots, and maximum range of up to 850 nautical miles. Due to its cantilever wing design, the CTLS has no wing struts to obstruct the outside view. Main landing gears are composite constructed as well, designed to absorb hard landings. The CTLS is equipped with a BRS (Ballistic Recovery System) parachute.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project: designed for use with X-Plane cutting edge flight model environment.
- Built for VR: development was tailored specifically for VR, and optimized for 2D usage.
- Engineered and designed as a default X-Plane aircraft (Like all VSKYLABS projects). The VSKYLABS projects are practically show-casing X-Plane, as they are stretching X-Plane default features, systems and flight model to its limits without any dependencies on complementary plugins or software...delivering a very robust simulation model, having maximum compatibility with the ever evolving X-Plane flight simulator.
- Perfect fit for beginner and expert pilots: The VSL CTLS is featuring the standard, basic CT VFR + night pack panel. The simple and clear analog gauges layout is perfect for beginner pilots. It is also featuring an enhanced panel, which includes the addition of a notebook-based glass PFD along with a Dynon style AP74 and HS34 (these are incorporated with simplified, yet functional features).
- Equipped with Alpha Systems AOA 'Eagle' indicator replica.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin Compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- Autoupdater based on the SkunkCrafts autoupdater (XP12 only) - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums: Professional discussions which results in incorporating users feedback into the on-going scheduled development plan. Real-pilots inputs (as well as sim-pilots feedback) are always welcome, and in practice sets the VSKYLABS projects within solid, professional margins over time.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development.