The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': He-162 Project for X-Plane flight simulator was designed to allow a glimpse into the common practices involved in flying a 1st generation jet fighter aircraft.
The VSKYLABS Test-Pilot: He-162 Project is a 1st generation fighter jet simulation of the Heinkel He-162 aircraft, designed to explore the boundaries of this fascinating flying machine, its capabilities and limits with the use of Laminar Research X-Plane Flight Simulator.
The project is following the general design of the He-162-A2 aircraft, incorporating a wide-scale research and insights from its design to flying reports and testimonials.
The project started as a long-term research effort which evolved into a virtual-restoration project/journey...and was constructed piece by piece through the years. The unique project will allow to see and "feel" the He-162 in a bit of a different light than the "usual" He-162 in combat flight simulators...This project is focusing on how the He-162 actually worked, and how to fly and handle it in practice, in a highly defined research-based simulation in X-Plane .
The VSKYLABS He-162 is being test flown during development by real-world Jet-Fighter pilots with actual 1st Generation Jet-Fighter experience.
The project includes a comprehensive, highly detailed and illustrated He-162 Pilot's Operating Manual booklet which includes detailed explanations regarding the He-162, its systems and how it was operated authentically during WWII.
Project's Main Features:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' project
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the He-162 First Generation Jet-Fighter
- Comprehensive damage simulation
- Built around the powerful, native X-Plane's 'Experimental Flight Model' environment.
- Highly detailed model of the Heinkel He-162 aircraft.
- Comprehensive manual - 50 pages booklet
- Systems simulation: All core systems of the He-162 are modeled
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack
Auto-Updates and Support
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums
- The project is under constant development: development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.
More pictures here