Both X-Plane 12 and X-Plane 11 versions available . New Version 3.5
This project is part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane cutting edge Experimental Flight Model.
The ICON-A5 is an American Light Sport Aircraft Single Engine amphibious aircraft. It is constructed mostly from composites materials (carbon fibre) and powered by the electronically fuel injected Rotax 921iS engine.
It was designed to allow a close and intimate interaction with the world, in the form of an amphibious aircraft with folding wings. This combination is allowing the A5 to be operated to and from almost every spot on the planet, from smooth short runways, dirt or beach strips...parked in a home-garage!
The ICON-A5 concept is an accessible and safe design for aviation new-comers and beginner pilots. Featuring a straight forward, car-like cockpit and display, it also has various safety systems and safety oriented flying characteristics such as the Anti-Spin aerodynamic design. The A5 is taking advantage of an Angle of Attack Gauge (AoA) which is “summing up” the aircraft’s current aerodynamic situation at any speed load and maneuver. The A5 is also designed to be a spin-resistant aircraft, which will allow continuous control during stall. The A5 is equipped with a ballistic parachute system.
The project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate ICON-A5 simulation along with full VR compatibility.
Project Main Features:
- The most comprehensive VSKYLABS Project up to date.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Highly defined flight dynamics model of the ICON-A5, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 11 'Experimental Flight Model' environment.
- 'Designed for VR' - Virtual Reality Ready (of course it is a joy to fly in 2D...).
- Unique aspects of the ICON-A5 are simulated and are part of the flying experience along with the unique and authentic systems, cockpit panels and display systems:
- Highly detailed, fully animated aircraft exterior and interior 3D model.
- Fully functional, authentic A5 Angle of Attack display system.
- Unique and authentic iconography and embedded into the display systems in the cockpit.
- CAP system (Ballistic Parachute system) modeled along with automatic gear retraction upon activation.
- Bilge water build-up and purge system are modeled.
- Removable cockpit windows.
- The A5's unique custom designed, authentic Landing and Taxi lights.
- Fully animated wing-fold mechanism, embedded into the flight dynamics model/physics.
- Fully functional LR G1000 Avionics - Incorporating an innovative solution of a single display with dual PFD/MFD modes!
- Fully functional G1000 autopilot modes.
- Custom built PFD Companion and a fully functional Autopilot system included.
- High quality, animated pilot figure for highly immersive experience in 2D/VR modes.
- Built-in Avitab Plugin compatibility (AviTab plugin is not included).
- FMOD Sounds.
- The project is under constant maintenance and development - updates are free.
- Skunkcraft Updater is included - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.