K2 - The Most Dangerous Mountain in the World
This scenery covers a territory of 2000 kmq. karakorum Range- Baltoro (Pakistan). It is suitable for VFR flights, only with a "visual flight".
The whole territory was reconstructed on a photographic basis:
The main Karakorum Base Camp (Concordia), K2 Base Camp and Camp IV located at 8000 meters have been rebuilt (on K2).
The main mountains of area have been reproduced in 3D:
- Beyond K2 (8611)
- Broad peak (8047)
- Gasherbrum group (8035),
- Cogholisa (7655)
- Masherbrum (7821
- Muztagh Tower (7276)
- Metri Peak (6010)
All 3D models were reconstructed according to DEM (digital elevation model) data and further processed with many structural details.
All textures based on 4K (4096x4096) are derived from HD photographs and positioned respecting the real position.
In addition, polygons / textures have been placed on the areas not covered by the 3D models for a significant improvement in their appearance.
- Area included in the degree + 35. + 076.
- Mountains scenery with 3D models of the main mountains of Karakorum
- Base Camp Concordia from where the expeditions for K2, Broad peak, Gasherbrum and Cogholisa depart.
- Base Camp K2, the real Base Camp for the conquest of K2.
- helipad near to base camp
- 1 snow-runway 500 mt. long, near Base Concordia
- 3D models +textures, all in 4K : K2, Broad peak, Gasherbrum group, Cogholisa, Masherbrum, Mitre Peak, tower Musthang, Tower Trango
- Photographic polygons/ textures as covered of terrain typical zone of great mountains.
- Polygons/textures 4K
- area covered 2000 Square Kilometers