In 2017, LAX handled 84,557,968 passengers, making it the world's fifth busiest airport by passenger traffic, and the country's second busiest overall after Hartsfield-Jackson in Atlanta. The airport holds the record for the world's busiest origin and destination (O&D) airport, since relative to other airports, many more travelers begin or end their trips in Los Angeles than use it as a connection. It is also the only airport to rank among the top five U.S. airports for both passenger and cargo traffic.
As the largest international airport on the U.S. West Coast, LAX is a major gateway to and from Europe, Latin America, Asia and Oceania. With its deep connections to Asia and Latin America in particular, LAX is considered to be the premier "Gateway to the Pacific Rim. (--Wikipedia)
KLAX by FunnerFlight is one of the most detailed custom airport you will find in X-Plane.
New Version 2.5 Includes:
• Over 15000 objects
• New LAX Restaurant and entry pole lighting
• Airport Hotels, carparks, street lighting, and area warehouses
• LAX landscaped entry mound, Departure Level and Overpass system.
• Custom Southern California trees and bushes, including various kinds of
• GroundTraffic with several options; now includes auto traffic with buses,
taxis, several taxiing aircraft, airport terminal buses, trucking at Cargo
facilities, street traffic, and a full 747F loading animation with airport pilot
shuttle, mobile stairs, cargo loader, cargo cart trains, forklifts, mobile light
units, and fueling truck and driver.
• More complete perimeter scenery for a fuller look.
• XP11 road corrections (updates were invading the interior traffic)
• Day and Night textures
• ATC taxi routes and 4 runways with Wind rules
• AI Traffic ready
• World Traffic Ready (no static aircraft at terminals, plus GroundTraffic option w/o taxiing aircraft)
• Over 750 Animations, most using GroundTraffic by Marginal
• Dozens of gates with Marginal's Safegate Docking System
Photo-realistic Scenery Of Airport
• Close to 20 sq mi of aerial photography