Welcome to KSEZ – Sedona America's Most Scenic Airport!
It is referred to as such due to its location atop a bluff in the center of the stunning Red Rocks State Park. In addition, due to it's geography strong air currents on either end of the runway are common, resulting in strong down drafts on final, and strong up drafts immediately after takeoff, making for a thrilling, but challenging approach that can test even the most seasoned pilots. Combined with the incredible scenery, and challenging approaches, KSEZ - Sedona is a top destination among private pilots, and a must have for any simmer!
KSEZ – Sedona is by far my best scenery yet! Some features that you can look forward to are:
Ultra detailed rendition of KSEZ - Sedona
- Buildings are detailed down to door handles and gutters
- Most "feature buildings" have full 3d interiors, including food on the restaurant table
- High quality normal maps utilize X-Plane 12's gorgeous photometric PBR rendering engine
- High quality realistic ground textures
- Hand crafted detail textures and detail normals add unparalleled detail with virtually indistinguishable tiling
- Hand painted, subtle grunge overlays for the whole airport make the airport feel life like and natural.
- Up to date layout as of 2021 including significant changes to the center-north ramp
- Cars will randomly wander the airport roads, and occasionally drive up to the gate, open it, and drive to a spot on the apron.
- 3D animated people
- 3D animated trees using X-Plane 12's new forest system
- 3D animated grass and shrubs
- Generic, regionally appropriate autogen for the surrounding valley
- Stunning hand crafted rock formations for most of the Sedona Valley
- Low poly landmarks (schools, old stadium, etc)
- Custom Ortho4XP Mesh
- Custom UHD Mesh V4 overlays (courtesy AlpilotX, used with his permission)
- Optimizer for excellent performance. VR ready, constant 60 fps with near max settings on high end systems.
More pictures here