This is an expansion and upgrade of the stock Laminar Vans RV-10 that comes with X-Plane 12.
New flight dynamics that provide a realistic representation of the excellent and well-mannered handling the RV aircraft are famous for.
Includes ‘stock’ model, and adds 3 other engine options:
• 260hp IO-540 (Lycoming) – Same engine as ‘stock’ RV-10 in XP12.
• 300hp IO-540 (Lycoming)
• 210hp IO-360 (Continental)
• 275hp turbocharged auto-conversion (Subaru).
No new graphics, systems, or sounds are included.
This package is a set of new flight dynamics that connects to the already graphically excellent RV-10 that comes with X-Plane 12.
This upgrade for the stock RV-10 is all about better flying – better and more realistic handling, and hitting accurate book numbers.
• No plugins to ‘force’ the flight model.
• No hidden parts.
• No cheating the sim.
Just maximum accuracy and careful tuning to get the full potential out of an X-Plane aircraft!
Important: This an upgrade of the stock Vans RV-10 that comes with X-Plane 12. No other purchase is necessary to use it.
Please follow the installation instructions carefully.
• Stock wing shape was improved including accurate airfoils.
• Aircraft CG and payload weights moved to accurate locations.
• Tail and all controls adjusted to correct shapes, areas, and deflections.
• Fuselage shape and drag revised.
• Gear ‘springyness’ added.
• Pilot viewpoint adjusted slightly (improves panel view also).
The flight model has been rebuilt to achieve more accurate handling and performance in all phases of flight.
Beyond just book numbers, however, the ‘feel’ and handling are much improved. These factors are not easily quantified in text, but it feels more ‘real’ and ’alive’.
The RV series in particular is well-known for their excellent handling and general characteristics, and the EFM upgrade brings this to the RV-10 X-plane 12.
(Please note that this is NOT a criticism of the stock Laminar model! The EFM is rather a project
to improve and add greater flight dynamics depth and realism to an excellent base model)