The Lockheed U-2S is the
latest in a long line of U-2 models and has the most advanced cockpit of
No matter what your age,
you can bet that less than 10 people your same age will ever fly the real
aircraft. Now you have the chance to experience the US Air Force’ s
high-altitude reconnaissance platform with the reputation of being one of the
most difficult to land in the USAF inventory. We have carefully
crafted this model to give you the feel of being a U-2 pilot. From
the 30 degree nose high takeoff to cruise above 70k feet, to the bicycle gear
configured tail dragger landing and a few other surprises it will give you a
front seat view to life as a U-2 pilot. Now you can experience the
U-2’s mission and flight characteristics in X-Plane.
- Redesigned for XP11.
- Includes our unique AutoUpdate (AU) feature. You are now in total control of patches
and bug fixes which are automatically downloaded when the aircraft is
loaded into X-Plane.
- Virtual cockpit, fully animated switches all around the
cockpit in the right places, animated pilot
- Realistic multifunction displays as true to the actual
aircraft as X-Plane can go
- Accurate modeling of the Lear autopilot in the real
- Detailed landing gear, and flight control surfaces
- Accurate flight model built by former USAF pilot and
tested by a former U-2 pilot.
- Plugin controlled Pogo gear fall away on takeoff and
reinstall after landing
- 3 High-Resolution liveries of actual aircraft in
service today in both CONUS and deployed styles crafted by amerrir …. One
of the premier X-Plane graphics specialists.
2 Model Versions with options for
- U-2S trainer – in Beale AFB livery – the clean U2 used
for interview flight and training
- U-2S operational – in deployed livery with the complete
mission kit and heavier
- Both kits come with the full array of mission equipment
so you can make your plane look the way you like it.
STMA Exclusive add-ons and plugins -
- Companion X-Adventures missions to check you out in in
landings and then conduct a full recon mission
- An STMA exclusive long range optical camera for
scanning your targets from 70,000 feet