Founded in 1927, Molokai Airport (PHMK) is a state-owned, public use airport located six nautical miles (7 mi, 11 km) northwest of Kaunakakai, on the island of Molokai in Maui County, Hawaii, United States. It is the principal airport of the island.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 89,468 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 65,984 enplanements in 2009, and 88,688 in 2010. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a non-hub primary commercial service facility.
Molokai Airport occupies 288 acres (117 ha) at an elevation of 454 ft (138 m) above mean sea level on the central plateau of the island of Molokai. The airport has two asphalt paved runways that accommodate commuter/air taxi and general aviation activities, as well as some military flights
Kalaupapa Airport (PHLU) is a regional public use airport of the state of Hawaii, located on the northern peninsula of the island of Molokai, two nautical miles (4 km) north of Kalaupapa Settlement, in Kalawao County. Most flights to Kalaupapa originate from Molokai Airport or from airports on the other Hawaiian islands by unscheduled air taxis and general aviation. It is also used as a cargo facility carrying goods for Kalaupapa, which has no road access from the rest of Molokai.
The airport offers scheduled passenger service from Makani Kai Air, which began providing Essential Air Service (EAS) subsidized scheduled passenger service in January 2012, using two nine-seat Cessna Grand Caravans.
As per the Federal Aviation Administration, this airport had 3,206 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2007, 3,135 enplanements in 2008, 2,035 in 2009, and 1,217 in 2010.
This superb creation by Northern Sky Studio features:
- Highly detailed airport objects and vehicles
- Custom texture for taxiways, runways and apron
- Custom surroundings
- Custom airport lights (you should tune COM1 on 125.7 to turn on landing lights in night time)
- Compatible with X-Plane 11 features
- Animated ground vehicles (plugin by Marginal)
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all models
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Excellent night effects
- Realistic reflections on glass
- World Traffic 3 compatible ( Ohana airlines now,)
- Compatible with with all custom and default mesh:
- default XP11 mesh
- HD Mesh v3 by AlpilotX
- US Orthophotos https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/36327-us-orthophotos/&page=16&tab=comments#comment-223275
- Ortho4XP terrain