NHAcro is a fictional acrobatic capable manned Multicopter, based on my experiences in many years of real-life drone development and flying. Thanks to it's outstanding and unique variable pitch control system it is capable of limitless inverted flight! I made this project for fun, to give X-Plane users an experience that is never seen before! It is easy to learn, fun to fly and looks stunning, especially in VR! Enjoy!
All components are based on real-life items such as motors, electric speed controllers and pitch-servos. Airframe is a monocoque carbon fiber composite design that is intended to be simple, light weight, streamlined and strong. One of the biggest issues with a heavy Multicopters are the yaw authority, I solved this by adding an extra "tail" propeller to the system. This solution adds enough torque to maintain yaw position even in acrobatic maneuvers. The major limitation of building manned Multicopters is the battery available on the market today, NHAcro assumes the next generation solid-state battery cells that are developed recently and will be on the market within 1-2 years. In real life such Multicopter would be capable of flying 10-15 minutes only with today’s Li-HV battery cells.
- Custom flight controller system with multiple flight modes using X-Plane’s cutting edge experimental flight model as base
- Continous inverted flying capability thanks to the variable pitch system and symmetrical thrust control
- Realistic engine, ESC and battery model incl. temperatures, battery curve, etc.
- Custom avionics
- Permanently stored user settings
- Realistic BRS system
- Realistic prop stalling effect
- “Helmet” effect
- Full FMOD sound package
- 4K high-definition PBR textures
- 8 stunning liveries incl. 4 exclusive liveries by PWDT
- Full VR compatible
- Detailed flight manual included
- Complete paint kit for livery creators
- Racetrack elements for scenery builders
- Animated Pilot model
- VR compatible helmet mounted HUD system with selectable layouts
- Custom particle system
- Show-off smoke system
- Unique race computer features for realistic racing experience
NHAcro and NHRacer
are both fictional manned multirotors, created for fun fly and racing, acrobatics. The main difference is that NHAcro is capable of continuous inverted flight but less efficient than NHRacer.
NHAcro needs more precise Throttle (Thrust) control since only the upper half of the total throttle range is used for normal flight, the other half is used when inverted.