NHRacer is a fictional acrobatic capable manned Multicopter, based on my experiences in many years of real-life drone development and flying. I made this project for fun, to give X-Plane users an experience that is never seen before! It is easy to learn, fun to fly and looks stunning, especially in VR! Enjoy!
All components are based on real-life items such as motors, electric speed controllers and arm-servos. Airframe is a monocoque carbon fiber composite design that is intended to be simple, light weight, streamlined and strong. One of the biggest issues with a heavy Multicopters are the yaw authority, I solved this by adding servo driven arm banking to the side arms. This solution adds extra torque to vertical axis to maintain position even in acrobatic maneuvers. The major limitation of building manned Multicopters is the battery available on the market today, NHRacer assumes the next generation solid-state battery cells that are developed recently and will be on the market within 1-2 years. In real life such Multicopter would be capable of flying 10-15 minutes only with today’s Li-HV battery cells.
- Custom flight controller system with multiple flight modes using X-Plane’s experimental flight model as base
- Realistic engine, ESC and battery model incl. temperatures, battery curve, etc.
- Custom avionics
- Permanently stored user settings
- Realistic BRS system
- Realistic prop stalling effect
- Visual + audio “Helmet” effect
- Full FMOD sound package
- 4K high-definition PBR textures
- 8 stunning liveries incl. 4 exclusive liveries by PWDT
- Full VR compatible
- Detailed flight manual included
- Complete paint kit for livery creators
- Racetrack elements for scenery builders