The North American Rockwell OV-10 Bronco is an American twin-turboprop light attack and observation aircraft. It was developed in the 1960s as a special aircraft for counter-insurgency (COIN) combat, and one of its primary missions was as a forward air control (FAC) aircraft. It can carry up to three tons of external munitions, internal loads such as paratroopers or stretchers, and can loiter for three or more hours.[From Wikipedia]
Shade Tree Micro Aviation (STMA) proudly presents 3 distinctly different versions of the OV-10 Bronco
- USAF in United States Air Forces Europe livery
- CALFIRE Current California Forestry Division
- US Marines in Desert Storm livery
the OV-10 now displays either a panel-mount RealityXP (RXP) GTN750 navigation unit or the stock X-Plane GNS530 unit under the following conditons. If the conditions are not met only the stock GNS unit displays.
- The model is installed on a WindowsPC (RXP products are Windows Only).
- You have purchased and installed the RXP GTN750 subscription.
- The appropriate RXP plugin has been installed in the X-Plane\Resources\Plugins folder.
- The stock X-plane navigation unit will continue to display until the RXP unit is activated (Example: Overhead Menu -> Reality XP GTN -> GTN1 -> GTN750).
- To revert to the stock GNS unit, simply deselect the RXP unit from the menu.
- Completely updated for X-Plane 11. Includes the latest GNS430 GPS and the included HangarOps (HO) plugin which provides complete control of hangar doors, pop-out displays, and our unique preflight package.
- AutoUpdate (AU) Included. Never have to worry about downloading and apply bug-fix patches or updates again. AU does the heavy lifting for you. Completely controllable with a couple of mouse clicks.
Advanced Flight Model
- Enhanced accuracy of flight operations
- Over 100 hours of flight test by Command Pilot/CFII/MEI/ATP builder
- Fighter pilot designed, built, tested, and documented
- Rear cockpit instrumentation for instructor back seat landing practice
Beautiful 3D Model
- Fully modeled 3D aircraft and high-visibility cockpit. Animated pilots in both crew positions
- Expandable situation awareness panels for GPS/FMS and moving map
- Expandable access panels to make switch changes and data entry easier
- Mouse friendly enlarged hotspots for easy switch activation
- Frame rate friendly plugin to drive the unique Bronco operations
- Accurately modeled weapons used by the actual aircraft
- 7.62 NATO Sponson Guns (USAF)
- 20mm Mark 4 Gun (USMC)
- 2.75” Foldin Fin Aerial Rockets (FFAR)
- Mk-82 500lb General Purpose Bombs (USAF and USMC)
- Improved AIM-9M Sidewinder
- Fully functional adjustable weapons delivery sight in combining glass - accurate weapons control panels
- Weapons functions created and tested by USAF weapons expert
Bonus Scenery: Creech Air Force Base. A good bombing range for practice