The T-38 is the world’s first supersonic jet trainer. The first prototype flew in 1959, and the aircraft entered service two years later.
The T-38 is still used extensively today with over 500 in service as of 2019, and they are expected to remain in service until at least 2029, then being replaced by the Boeing/Saab T-7 Red Hawk.
The T-38 is well known not only for its long service life as a training aircraft, but it has also been extensively used as a chase plane and as an astronaut transport by NASA (a NASA livery is included in this package).
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.08 at sea level, Mach 1.3 at 30,000ft.
- Range 1,100 miles
- Ceiling: 50,000ft
- Rate of climb >30,000ft/min
- Beautiful 3D Model
- Detailed landing gear
- Detailed canopy
- Accurate canopy animation
- Detailed throughout
- Detailed virtual cockpit.
- Custom jet engine sounds.
- Five paint schemes.
- New, realistic flight model developed by X-Aerodynamics
- specifically for X-plane 11.
- Requires Experimental Flight Model in 11.40 for accurate supersonic performance – Thanks to Austin Meyer for the needed wave drag upgrades!