The Piper Aerostar (formerly Ted Smith Aerostar) is an American twin-engined propeller-driven executive or light transport aircraft, designed by Ted R. Smith. It was originally built by Ted Smith Aircraft Company, which after 1978 became part of the Piper Aircraft Corporation.
Ted Smith flew the first Aerostar 600 in October 1967. It was a mid-wing cantilever monoplane powered by two wing-mounted Avco Lycoming piston engines, with a tricycle landing gear. It was fitted with luxury accommodation for six. Also produced, and the base of most of the subsequent models, was a version with turbocharged engines, the Aerostar 601.
During the time of production, the Aerostar held the speed record for fastest twin piston General Aviation aircraft, capable of cruise speeds from 220 kt (408 km/h) for the earliest 600 models to 261 kt (483 km/h) for the later 700 models. Light construction, low drag and high powered engines also contribute to fast climb rates.
(data from wikipedia)
X-Plane Features Include:
- 3d instrumentation and radios
- Garmin 530 with pop up window or use buttons
- Garmin 430 with pop up window or use buttons
- Weather radar
- Stec Autopilot
- Pilot Figure
- Passengers that load with payload weight
- Opening/closing passenger door with a mouse click
- Yoke hide with Y key or click of the mouse
- Visors that move with the mouse to adjust
- Many custom international liveries
- Blank livery to make your own
- Weathering layers that include panel lines for your own livery
- Stripes you can click and paste to your own livery
- Rain effects for v11 win vulcan only (plugin limitation)
- Rain effects for v12
- User manual in .pdf format to get introduced to the airplane
- Avitab display
- FSE (flight sim economy) file