AeroSphere’s Piper PA-32-260 Cherokee Six B was designed after the late 1960’s to early 70’s model with the square-cut windows and the iconic “Hershey Bar” wing. This specific model, also known as the “B” variant has a six-cylinder carbureted Lycoming O-540 that produces 260HP and is equipped with a three-blade constant speed propeller. The panel and interior were designed after the same era with classic avionics with the exception of the updated Garmin GPS system that is commonplace among Pipers. AeroSphere's PA-32-260 Cherokee Six was modeled using Piper’s POH, pictures, diagrams, and dimensions to make the most realistic flight simulation experience possible.
The Cherokee Six was a larger variant of the original Piper Cherokee although many of the same parts were used such as the wing and sections of the fuselage. In order to produce a larger platform to seat six people (seven in certain seating configurations) and hold more cargo, Piper stretched the fuselage and added a “plug” right down the center of the fuselage to widen it. They also added front and aft baggage compartments with up to 200lbs of baggage spread between the two. The max gross of the aircraft increased to 3,400lbs. With a standard empty weight of 1,706lbs, the useful load resulted in an impressive 1,694lbs. The fuel was spread out between four tanks total, with two in each wing called the main and tip tanks. Holding 50 and 34 gallons respectfully, having a total of 84 gallons.
Cherokee 6 Features:
- 4 HD (4096 x 4096) liveries with a plain white texture that can be used for custom paint schemes.
- Steam gauge classic general aviation panel with required instruments for IFR.
- Garmin 530 & 430
- All gauges are 3D
- Detailed flight model and interactive 3D virtual cockpit with animated knobs, buttons etc. cabin door, storm window and front/rear baggage compartment door.
- Toggle button to remove/display yoke
- Compatible with HDR and normal lighting effects
- Many textures taken from the actual aircraft
- Virtual Reality friendly and includes the click regions required for VR gameplay.
- VR hotspots
- FMOD sounds
- Removable wheel pants (click on wheel strut to remove)