This project has been developed with one idea in mind, we at DHM firmly believe that sounds are as important as a joystick and pedals to have a true virtual flight experience. differently from the visuals, sounds can be felt, comparable to a Force feedback system, and it is a great tool for a real pilot know what's happening with the machine he's flying, through sounds, the machine talks to the pilot, every tick, every RPM variation, every motion, can be heard even before an instrument is able to show it, and a Robinson R44 Helicopter is a great example of a Living machine!
DHM has over 950 hours inside areal Robinson R44 Raven II, has designed many sounds for other designers and has acquired the knowledge to understand the “language” of this machine, and to translate it in to this DHM – R44 Sound Pack for the Vskylabs R44 .
We invite you to try this new experience!
- Multidirectional sounds for the Lycoming IO-540-AE1A5 recorded from the Real aircraft.
- Headphone and up to 5.1 surround sound system.
- Over 30 Switches and buttons sound.
- Individual main rotor and tail rotor sounds recorded throughout its entire RPM range.
- 8 different sound direction samples around the aircraft.
- Rich ambient sounds that are affected by X-Plane’s internal weather system, including temperature, wind, rain, and distance.
- Extensive Doppler and atmospheric effects simulation for external sounds, including reverberations dependent on distance and height, Phasing effects specifically designed for the R44 to simulate the variations in sounds during aircraft approach to the camera.
- Over 40 soundtracks for the inside cockpit sound simulation, including cockpit vibration, low frequencies which can be “felt but not heard”, key chain sounds, Fire extinguisher “ring”, wind and whistle from nose air vent, and etc, all of which are affected by a master inside atmospheric sound simulation.
- Feature rich rotor head sound simulation.
- Over 10 different rotor slap sounds which are affected by temperature, speed, blade pitch angle, G-Force, weight, and the weather, all this to create a seamless experience as close to the real aircraft as possible.
- Procedural blade sound logic for different phases of flight.
- Extensive clutch sound simulation with over 10 sound voice for all phases of clutch engagement ratio.
- Over 15 sounds samples for the Engine in different RPM regimes.
- Throttle and carburetor sound simulation, the engine sound is affected by the throttle valve and carburetor condition, including ice.
- Doors opening affects internal and external sounds.
- Extensive wind simulation inside the cockpit, which are affected by speed, direction, weather, side slip, and etc.
- Low rotor RPM warning horn.
- Seamless cross fade for the internal and external sounds, designed to be used in VR.
- One-way bearing sound simulation through custom logic.
- Multiple User interaction sounds around the cockpit.
- Works with the VSKYLABS R44 and the freeware R44 on the forum