This project has been developed with one idea in mind, we at DHM firmly believe that sounds are as important as a joystick and pedals to have a true virtual flight experience.
Differently from the visuals, sounds can be felt, comparable to a Force feedback system, and it is a great tool for a real pilot to know whats happening with the machine he’s flying, through sounds, the machine talks to the pilot, every tick, every RPM variation, every motion, can be heard even before an instrument is able to show it.
We a DHM, with over 950 flight hours in the Robinson helicopter family, and over 30 aircraft's released as a subcontractor for other third party developers, such as the iconic DHC-2 Beaver, Pilatus PC6, Bae 146, Quest Kodiak, Avro Vulcan, Bae Hawk, and many more, including our own DHM – R44 Sound pack, we’ve acquired the knowledge to understand the “language” of this machine, and to translate it into the DHM – R66 Sound Pack for the VSKYLABS R66 turbine.
We invite you to try this new experience!
This product is an enhancement sound package for the VSKYLABS Robinson R66 turbine. Although acknowledged/approved by VSKYLABS, it is an independent product which is not part of the VSKYLABS Robinson R66 turbine project, and it is not affiliated and/or endorsed with/by VSKYLABS.
- Multi-directional sounds for the Rolls-Royce RR300 recorded from the Real aircraft.
- Headphone and up to 5.1 surround sound system.
- Over 50 Switches and buttons sounds.
- Individual main rotor and tail rotor sounds recorded throughout its entire RPM range.
- 6 different sound directions samples around the aircraft.
- Rich ambient sounds that are affected by X-Plane’s internal weather system, including temperature, wind, rain, and distance.
- Extensive Doppler and atmospheric effects simulation for external sounds, including reverberations dependent on distance and height, Phasing effects specifically designed for the R66 to simulate the variations in sounds during aircraft approach to the camera.
- Over 20 sounds tracks for the inside cockpit sound simulation, including cockpit vibration, low frequencies which can be “felt but not heard”, key chain sounds, Fire extinguisher “ring”, wind and whistle from nose air vent, and etc, all of which are affected by a master inside atmospheric sound simulation.
- Feature rich rotor head sound simulation.
- Over 10 different rotor slap sounds which are affected by temperature, speed, blade pitch angle, G-Force, weight, and the weather, all this to create a seamless experience as close to the real aircraft as possible.
- Procedural blade sound logic for different phases of flight.
- Over 10 sounds samples for the Engine in different RPM regimes.
- Engine sound is affected by the Torque and Temperature, including the fuel burn.
- Doors opening affects internal and external sounds.
- Extensive wind simulation inside the cockpit, which are affected by speed, direction, weather, side slip, and etc.
- Low rotor RPM warning horn.
- Seamless cross fade for the internal and external sounds, designed to be used in VR.
- One-way bearing sound simulation through custom logic.
- Multiple User interaction sounds around the cockpit.