Thank you for purchasing my Rand Robinson KR-2S! My KR2S airplane is based on the famous Rand Robinson KR-2S home-built aircraft. The actual plane I was using as reference was built by Marcel Driessen in 2016, registered as PH-KRS, which I’m flying regularly.
I built up this project to show other people how handy and fun these airplanes are, but also, I was using this model during my type rating to get familiar with basic handling and characteristics. It is a robust simulation model which is making use of X-Plane 12 sophisticated flight dynamics and physics simulation, extracting it to its limits. Flight characteristics later fine-tuned based on my following real-life experiences on the type, to bring you accurate feedback in all phases of flight! The sound environment is based on real life recordings to increase immersion to the maximum.
Please take your time and read User’s Manual carefully first to get familiar with all details!
Important note for MAC OS X users: please read this article about enabling Rosetta: https://www.x-plane.com/kb/using-x-plane-11-addons-with-x-plane-12-on-mac-systems/
- The project is built for X-Plane 12
- Design was made based on a real set of Rand Robinson KR-2S building plans
- Accurate flight model tuned for XP12 latest features
- Accurate engine and systems modelling
- Fully operational circuit breakers system
- Accurate radio, transponder, EFIS and EIS instrument simulation incl. realistic screen content and functionality
- Automatic toe brake assistance for users without toe brakes assigned to joystick axes
- Full FMOD sound package
- 4K high-definition PBR textures
- XP12 rain effect implemented
- Detailed simulation of all aviation lights
- FMOD sound system
- VR Ready