The VSKYLABS development of the Revolution Mini-500 project for X-Plane flight simulator was acknowledged by its real-world designer, Mr. Dennis Fetters, who has also contributed various 1st hand reference materials for this project (Thank you Mr. Fetters!). However, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not affiliated and/or endorsed with the 'Fetters Aerospace Company' and/or Mr. Dennis Fetters.
New version 3.0 with tons of updates. basically a brand new XP12 Product
This project is part of the VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' series, designed specifically for use with X-Plane cutting edge Flight Model.
The Revolution Mini-500 is an American single seat light helicopter, designed and built in the 90's by Dennis Fetters, as a home-built kit. It is a natural VSKYLABS project selection!
VSKYLABS development approach for this project was as if it was a real home-built effort, similar to the process done with the VSKYLABS Rutan LongEZ Project, meaning that it was designed and developed with a practical engineering/experimental approach along with the use of real reference materials and with extensive research behind it. Development and flight testings were carried by real-world, professional helicopter pilots with decades-lasting experience.
The VSKYLABS Revolution Mini-500 simulation is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Mini- 500 simulation along with full VR compatibility.
The included manual is based on the REAL-WORLD actual Revolution Mini-500 Pilot's Operating Handbook, with an additional section dedicated for preparation and breifing of the 1st test-flight and familiarization phase of a new home-built experimental helicopter by its owner.
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project - Professional-grade physics, handling and performance characteristics.
- Highly defined and engineered flight dynamics model of the Revolution Mini-500, built around the powerful X-Plane flight model. The Mini-500 performance was analyzed by experts.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack, composed with actual recordings of the Mini-500 helicopter engine and rotor sounds.
- Unique aspects of the Mini-500 helicopter are simulated and are part of the flying experience by definition: Manual engine/rotor RPM management, low rotor-inertia aspects, in-flight nose tuck during engine-stop, rotor RPM management, retreating blade stall condition (Vne), typical Mast bumping, typical autorotation capability and more.
- The VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot': Revolution Mini-500 is designed as if it was a real kit-built helicopter, awaiting for it's first test-flight. Was it built exactly as instructed? Will it fly as expected? wow there is only one way to find out! You will have to get familiar with it step by step...or you might get yourself into serious trouble when mistreating it. Mastering the Mini-500 will sure make you a better helicopter pilot!
- The original pilot's manual and other 1st hand references contributed by the Mini-500 real-world designer were one of the core-materials during development of this project, and the VSKYLABS Mini- 500 pilot's manual includes the actual data and information of the actual Mini-500 manual.
- Autoupdater based on the SkunkCrafts autoupdater (XP12 only) - all updates are being pushed smoothly without the need to re-download the entire base package (base package will be updated every once in a while to minimize the gap).
- The project is under constant development.
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.