The VSKYLABS development of the Robinson R44 project for X-Plane flight simulator was approved by the Robinson Helicopter Company. However, it is an independent VSKYLABS project which is not related, affiliated and/or endorsed with the Robinson Helicopter Company
The Robinson R44 Raven II
is a high performing, four-seat aircraft. It has been the world’s
best-selling GA helicopter for more than two decades. The R44’s
aerodynamic fuselage optimizes airspeed and fuel economy. It is powered
by Lycoming IO-540 fuel injected engine and it cruises at 110 knots and
can fly 300 nautical miles and up to 14,000 feet
Project Main Features:
- VSKYLABS 'Test-Pilot' Project.
- Robust and Highly Defined flight dynamics model of the Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter, built around the powerful, native X-Plane 'Experimental Flight Model' environment.
- Highly detailed model of the Robinson R44 Raven II helicopter.
- Autorotation capable.
- Comprehensive systems which
were designed to follow the real R44 Raven II POH, as authentically as
possible within X-Plane 11 flight simulator limitations.
- Fully functional VR (Virtual Reality) Ready: highly interactive cockpit environment including levers, switches, guards, 3D checklist viewer, modular cyclic and more.
- Equipped with Robinson's classic 7 holes analog panel.
- R44 Auxiliary fuel system.
- Removable doors.
- Fully featured GNS530.
- Built-in Avitab Compatibility (Avitab plugin not included).
- Multi-Layer FMOD sound pack.
- The project is under constant development:
development road-map is including flight model refinements, enhanced
systems depth, additional liveries and other improvements.
- STMA Autoupdater is included: project updates are fast and efficient!
- Highly responsive VSKYLABS support forums.
The VSKYLABS project is setting up a highly detailed and highly accurate Robinson R44 Raven II simulation along with full VR compatibility, stretching X-Plane 11 capabilities to its limits.