Bonaire is a small island in the Southern Caribbean and is a popular holiday destination among surfers and divers, thanks to its clear water and magnificent coral reefs. First colonised by the Spanish, in 1636 it was occupied by the Netherlands which it still belongs to today. Exactly 300 years later, the first airport was built by the Dutch. It served as a hub for American forces in the Second World War, which it was too small for, though. Therefore, a new airport was constructed – “Flamingo Airport” was born. Today, this airport operates several short-haul flights across the Caribbean, and serves as a stopover for the Dutch KLM on long-haul flights.
This scenery offers a highly detailed recreation of Flamingo International Airport (BON / TNCB) near the city of Kralendijk on Bonaire. The developer took thousands of photos at the location and used those to create the accurate building models and high-resolution textures. Highly detailed night effects, custom runway and approach lighting, animated palm trees and clutter on the apron down to the smallest details bring this airport to a virtual life. Thanks to latest technology, optimal visuals and performance are possible.
So, pack your surfboard and visit Bonaire!
- Highly detailed and realistic recreation of Flamingo International Airport (TNCB)
- Fully compatible with X-Plane 10 and XPlane 11
- Highly detailed 3D models of Terminal and other airport buildings
- High resolution textures based on thousands of images taken at the airport
- High resolution runway and taxiway textures
- Photo real ground images covering airport and surroundings
- Highly realistic night time effects
- Custom runway and approach light systems
- Ambient palm tree animations
- Interior model included for Terminal building
- Custom terrain mesh covering the airport boundary area
- Custom Aircraft Marshaller (Autogate plug-in required)
- Highly detailed clutter objects
- Custom animated windsock model