Vnukovo International Airport (UUWW), is a dual-runway international airport located 28 kilometres (17 mi) southwest of the center of Moscow, Russia. It is one of the four major airports that serve Moscow, along with Moscow Domodedovo Airport, Sheremetyevo International Airport, and Zhukovsky International Airport. In 2015, the airport handled 15.82 million passengers, representing an increase of 24% compared to the previous year. It is the third-busiest airport in Russia.
Vnukovo is Moscow's oldest operating airport. It was opened and used for military operations during the Second World War, but became a civilian facility after the war. Its construction was approved by the Soviet government in 1937, because the older Khodynka Aerodrome (located much closer to the city centre, but closed by the 1980s) was becoming overloaded. Vnukovo was opened on 1 July 1941. During the Great Patriotic War, it was used as a military airbase; passenger services started after the war.
On 15 September 1956, the Tupolev Tu-104 jetliner made its first passenger flight from Moscow Vnukovo to Irkutsk via Omsk.
Vnukovo is Europe's busiest airport for international flights by larger private planes.
- Detailed airport objects and vehicles
- Custom textured taxiways, runways and apron
- Custom surroundings
- Custom airport lights
- Compatible with X-Plane 11 features
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on terminal and other airport buildings
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Excellent night effects
- Realistic reflections on glass
Optimized for excellent performance
- World Traffic compatible
- Animated ground vehicles (X-Plane 11 only)
- Animated Jetways (plugin by Marginal)
- X-Life traffic compatible
New exclusive feature:
- Rain effects on ground.
- Effect will be controlled by xEnviro v1.08 (and higher) plugin.