The Phoenix Air Phoenix is a Czech low-wing, two-seat motor glider, designed and manufactured by Phoenix Air and provided as a complete ready-to-fly aircraft. The Phoenix was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules and US light-sport aircraft rules.
The aircraft is certified in the USA as an S-LSA Glider, and imported to the US by Phoenix Air USA.
The aircraft features a cantilever wing, a T-tail, a two-seats-in-side-by-side configuration, enclosed cockpit under a bubble canopy, fixed conventional landing gear and a 100 hp Rotax engine. It is built from composites. Its 15 m span wing can be converted to 11 m by removing the wing tips and installing shorter ones for faster cruise speed when flown as a microlight aircraft.
The Phoenix can be flown for hundreds or thousands of miles with either sets of wings. It is a super-versatile, state of the art light sport aircraft.
Thorough instructions, project evolution and design details are available in the project’s page at the VSKYLABS portal.
- Highly detailed.
- Wing tips can be switched during flight, changes the aerodynamics and handling characteristics of the aircraft accordingly.
- Autofeather and manual feather works as in the real aircraft.
- Wing spoilers for potential management.
- FPS friendly.
- GNS G530.
- Designed to utilize the “out of the box” features of X-Plane.
- Accurate flight dynamics model and handling characteristics.
- Highly responsive support system/forum.
- The VSKYLABS Air Phoenix is a project under constant development. All updates are free.